the 100% directionless thread

Porta

Forum Lieutenant
I'm cheap so I saved over $100 buy getting the old IPad. I don't play games on it and don't do Skype or FaceTime or any of that. So the old iPad works perfectly.

Thank you for reminding me that I own an iPad....

Porta

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone here cycle a lot? I know motorcycles but is bicycle stuff is all new to me

I'm just getting into it. Did this two days ago. Won't be cheap to fix. Also warped the break caliper and snapped a spring.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349060030.496033.jpg

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I'm starting to become convinced that pulse oximetry should be removed from medicine in general. It's not that the number isn't valuable, but because most of the time no one knows how to trouble shoot or perform clinical correlation.

+100000

They never work on our telemetry monitors and no one believes the numbers when they are real. Or they call a RRT because its reading 72% yet the patient is sitting in the bed perfectly fine.

If you ever want to confuse a floor RN just start talking about pleth waves, they are clueless. Although not entirely their fault since it is not taught or mentioned in school.

One of our floors is trialing using continues capnography via NC on their patients with PCA pumps. I think this is a much better option. Or I vote ABGs for everybody, I love doing arterial sticks.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
If you ever want to confuse a floor RN just start talking about pleth waves, they are clueless. Although not entirely their fault since it is not taught or mentioned in school.

I ain't no expert in pleth waves, but shouldn't the concept of "is it a pretty wave that doesn't top or bottom out?" really that hard to deal with?

As an aside, reading CT scans follow a similarly simple process. For a lot of things, one side will be normal so it's like the child's game of "spot the difference." For everything else, it's "what doesn't look like it belongs."

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
so I feel rusty and green. So wish me luck!

Actually, you've just gotten greener, you haven't built anything that rusts yet!

The best you can do right now, since that's where most of your knowledge has come from, is review, review, review. Don't depend on your memory because school is school = take in, regurgitate, take in, regurgitate. You gotta start holding on to your knowledge and begin to apply it.

I'd wish you luck except that would probably fail you unless you strengthen it with consciously WORKING to at least get you back to where you were when you first got out of training.

So, do good work!

bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

Walking dead season two on Netflix I know what I'm doing for the next 9 hours.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
All the time. Did RAGBRAI for the first time this past summer.

Any recommendations on a bike that I can use on in town trails, but still take into the mountains and play around on the trails up there? all the different types of bikes is making my head spin. Hell, if I didnt want to get in better shape I'd just go buy an enduro and call it good lol

That question is to anyone with cycling experience

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Working with a partner you get along with is so much better than one you don't. Everything guess smoother on scene and the downtime is much more entertaining.

Bumpin' country music, singing and doing bag checks to pass the time.

Bets part is he was the EMT on my medic school intern truck. We've gotten quite a few remarks about how we don't have a babysitter anymore.

Too bad it's only for one night :(