the 100% directionless thread

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
My partner just spilled au jus all over herself and the ambulance.

I'm trying to decide what's worse, the spill itself or me laughing at her....

Au Jus is delicious.

Love getting a big ole' french dip at the diner.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Au Jus is delicious.

Love getting a big ole' french dip at the diner.

So bomb. That's what I just had for my start of shift meal and she copied me. Karma is a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:!!

Transport, I agree. I can give up to 300 mcg of fentanyl in 100 mcg increments q5 before calling, if I want and can justify it I can stack 5 mg of versed on top of that in 1 mg increments q5. With that said the most I've ever given was 300 mcg and 2 mg for what turned out to be an acetabular fracture.

Morphine is 2-5mg q15 titrated to effect, no max. I do have to call to use fentanyl and MS concurrently.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So bomb. That's what I just had for my start of shift meal and she copied me. Karma is a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:!!

Transport, I agree. I can give up to 300 mcg of fentanyl in 100 mcg increments q5 before calling, if I want and can justify it I can stack 5 mg of versed on top of that in 1 mg increments q5. With that said the most I've ever given was 300 mcg and 2 mg for what turned out to be an acetabular fracture.

Morphine is 2-5mg q15 titrated to effect, no max. I do have to call to use fentanyl and MS concurrently.

Dude that's better than me... I wanna work there lol

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
The cashier at Rite Aid can provide better pain management than I can...

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

Me too, I'm jealous. I mean, I don't have any max for fentanyl or morphine, but I can't give Versed with it :(

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

It's definitely nice, our MD is huge on pain management.

If you do somehow manage to hit the max 300 mcg and 5 mg on standing orders you can call for more but generally our transport times are so short you never even get close.

As far as MS I'll admit I'm not super comfortable with it, they prefer we use fentanyl but can use MS on the paramedic's discretion. Only given it a handful of times and never had to go past 10 mg to get the patient relief.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Did he have WPW? They typically get up to the 200s+ and can go into V Fib if you look at them the wrong way.....or give them Beta Blockers

Negative on WPW. Had Cardizem and rhythmol. Arrested shortly after.

The cardioversion was a better choice. :)

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Get them pregnant, have them drop out of school and break their will.

Then send them to church.

You'll never have to spend money on shoes for them again.

Pretty much. I left out the part where we as men step in to "protect" them from the evils of the world. Oh and of course now that they have no education we better take care of all those pesky personal choices that they shouldn't have to bother with and frankly aren't qualified to make.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

bigbaldguy

The cashier at Rite Aid can provide better pain management than I can...

So can flight attendants ;) I actually take a substantial cut in scope of practice when I put my basic uniform on :) first time that's occurred to me.

bigbaldguy

It's definitely nice, our MD is huge on pain management.

Get me an address and I'll send him a patch for being a unicorn.

BandageBrigade

Forum Lieutenant
I couldn't imagine working in a system where I had to call like that.
20 mg of morphine
200 of fent
20 of valium
8 of ativan

In any combination we feel needed.

Also etomidate for procedures.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Good luck man. They are a hell of a company. I'm still tempted to work foe them and eventually do offshore or flight

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Do they do offshore? Thats awesome.

One of my medic instructors got switched from ground to flight about a year ago and is loving it. I got to ride with him a few times in class. Seems like all the employees are pretty happy with the service.

Dude, if I get hired and you ever come work for them....I'd kill to have you as a partner. I know they run a good number of M/M trucks.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
:censored::censored::censored:

This nurse just gave her pt metoprolol with a heart rate of 38!!! Are you kidding me? Oh they are junctional escape 27 now....Oops.

Did I mention this patient is s/p Inferior STEMI (100% RCA Occlusion) and coded on the CCL table? :angry:

:censored::censored::censored:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Pretty sure I'd be more PO'd at the Dr that ordered that one. I mean, yea the nurse should have caught it, but still, the Dr should never have ordered it in the first place.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Unless it is a standing order, or one of the pts "normal" meds and the RN is giving it based off that and not a direct order.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Do they do offshore? Thats awesome.

One of my medic instructors got switched from ground to flight about a year ago and is loving it. I got to ride with him a few times in class. Seems like all the employees are pretty happy with the service.

Dude, if I get hired and you ever come work for them....I'd kill to have you as a partner. I know they run a good number of M/M trucks.

Dude that would be pretty kick ***. Amd dont forget Mr Ambulance Driver himself works for the green machine too. I'm still debating... but yea I've heard almost no bad things about them, and their crews that i dealt with when i deployed during Isaac were amazing to us

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
The kick from the field goal hit my clipboard and messed up my pcr, now I have to rewrite it. #firstworldproblems

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
My room is a mess. I think I'll allot an hour for cleaning tonight or tomorrow.