the 100% directionless thread

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I see a paper cut worth of my own blood and I pass out.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I must be getting old because now my dream car is a Volvo XC 70 or Saab 95 wagon.

04-07 V70R wagon with the manual trans. Cuz wagons rule.

I'm just trying to figure out how to make "fast" and "usable back seat" go together. At the moment I'm thinking of a WRX early next year.

And n7lxi...you are old :p.

Im including 03-04 Mustang Cobras in the search cuz they have a back seat. Though I really dont care for the backseat and dont intend on kids anytime soon to make it required. This will also be a second car for me so I have my Land Cruiser if room is needed.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Potential meningitis exposure...:censored::censored::censored::censored: me

Worst case scenario you lose 20 IQ points due to the brain swelling and you get promoted to supervisor. Don't sweat it.

bigbaldguy

Had a definite EMS moment today. I managed to FDGB, hitting a few things on my way down a flight of stairs, realized I was bleeding and didnt know from where.

This is the stuff that happens when you don't look where you're going and are texting in your girlfriends house.

At any rate, I was in boxers and started getting blood all over them, ran into her bathroom and she came rushing in, right as I hopped in. I showered to clean most of it off, and then turned it off to see if we could pinpoint it.

AS IT TURNS OUT:

I had a lac on my forehead, and bi-lateral epitaxis. This was only about 1/3 of the blood that actually came out (and I'm doing a hard link so no one can get mad at me for posting it. Since I guess it would be NSFW). Yelled for my girlfriend to get the camera so I could take a photo of all the blood.

EDIT: Link fixed

http://i46.tinypic.com/23m62l3.jpg

Certainly not much in comparison to some stuff we've all seen, but it's a lot of fun when its your own.

umm you're gonna wanna have that looked at I think.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Gotta love it when the supervisor says "dang you do know how to play the system".

Got the ALS shift that I wanted. Average 9 calls per day with a turn around time of about 10 minutes. Busy busy busy.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
That blows Rob. Got my fingers crossed for you.

Had a guy my paramedic class get exposed and contract meningitis. He did four days in the ICU. When he came back to school, his new nickname was "the ma-ninja".

Well hopefully we wont be sharing a nickname haha

Single dose Cipro???
No, kinda surprised me. She had a hx of viral meningitis so I don't know if that's why?

I'm just trying to figure out how to make "fast" and "usable back seat" go together. At the moment I'm thinking of a WRX early next year.

My WRX was so much fun.

Got the ALS shift that I wanted. Average 9 calls per day with a turn around time of about 10 minutes. Busy busy busy.

Nice. Makes the day go by way faster.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
'92 5-speed ES300 with less than 100k miles shall me mine on the morrow.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I hate needles.

Edit: Been trying to memorize the different alpha-1a adrenergic receptor blockers and their different brand names for the past couple of hours, but I keep forgetting them. Bummer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Worst case scenario you lose 20 IQ points due to the brain swelling and you get promoted to supervisor. Don't sweat it.

Hahahaha I love you. Totally made my morning.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Passed all my exams this semester. Officially in my final semester of nursing school. Only a couple more months and I am done!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Passed all my exams this semester. Officially in my final semester of nursing school. Only a couple more months and I am done!

Yea buddy!

bigbaldguy

Well done!

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

And n7lxi...you are old :p.

I suppose it depends on how "usable" you want your back seat to be. :p I love my STi, and I can fit two adults in the back seat somewhat comfortably, but other than that, I would consider it to be a large back seat. Another thing to consider would be a WRX wagon...

04-07 V70R wagon with the manual trans. Cuz wagons rule.

Im including 03-04 Mustang Cobras in the search cuz they have a back seat. Though I really dont care for the backseat and dont intend on kids anytime soon to make it required. This will also be a second car for me so I have my Land Cruiser if room is needed.

Oh, nothing like a Terminator. The back seat in them is big enough. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
I had a patient at the psych hospital submit a comment card today saying that I do a good job listening. Too bad I have almost zero interest in psych.