the 100% directionless thread

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Hopefully solving the previous debate about removing patients from airplanes without having them walk...

Excuse the crap picture, taken right before boarding my SWA flight back to colorado (see you in four months ambulance company, save some OT for me!). This thing is way narrower than a stair chair.
c6e4c892-d24e-f05d.jpg

Also I have more legroom than I know what do with...
c6e4c892-d286-9bd1.jpg

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Hopefully solving the previous debate about removing patients from airplanes without having them walk...

Excuse the crap picture, taken right before boarding my SWA flight back to colorado (see you in four months ambulance company, save some OT for me!). This thing is way narrower than a stair chair.
c6e4c892-d24e-f05d.jpg

c6e4c892-d286-9bd1.jpg

Nice. Got the big seat!

All aircraft are required to have a stair/aisle chair on board.

bigbaldguy

0d403d78.jpg

f7c7a19a.jpg

Purdy!

Last edited by a moderator:

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I refuse to call patients customers, and I refuse to say we do customer service in EMS.

Try working in a hospital, it's 100x worse. Everything is about patient or "costumer" satisfaction. In my opinion it is a slippery slope. Patients know this and use it to their advantage, the people who make a scene and cause problems get rewarded for their behavior. Sorry not everyone gets a private room, a room with a view, or whatever. No you can not go out and smoke or order fast food to the cardiac floor because the low sodium diet sucks. But if the patient complains enough they will get whatever they want just because charge nurses down want the bad survey. We had some middle aged wealthy biznitch who was in the hospital for some stupid reason complain and complain about now having a private room until finally they have her one. A few hours later another patient came up who should have gotten a private room but was placed with a roommate and later died. All the family was in the room upset and another patient had to witness it all just because the person who complained the most got what they wanted

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
I refuse to call patients customers, and I refuse to say we do customer service in EMS.

Technically we "deliver human services" and the people we serve are termed
"Consumers" of our services.

medic417

The Truth Provider

bigbaldguy

We joined forces with Fire-fighters and marched on our state parliament today :lol:

some funny excerpts including challenging the Premier to walk in our boots with boots thrown over the fence.

We are currently negotiating for a pay agreement, the government is looking to strip us of entitlements including changing our rostering from 3 months notice to 3 weeks.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/watch/30339447/emergency-workers-protest-pay-deal/885636/

I've been following it. I wish you and your fellow employees the best of luck.

bigbaldguy

Yep it's official I'm becoming an old lady...
My husband just bought me a sewing machine and I am excited about it...

I asked three times today what random pieces of equipment in class cost. My dad used to do that lol

bigbaldguy

c6e4c892-d24e-f05d.jpg

c6e4c892-d286-9bd1.jpg

Where'd the pics go?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Potential meningitis exposure...:censored::censored::censored::censored: me

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
That blows Rob. Got my fingers crossed for you.

Had a guy my paramedic class get exposed and contract meningitis. He did four days in the ICU. When he came back to school, his new nickname was "the ma-ninja".

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

Wash it out with copious amounts of H2O2...

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief

Single dose Cipro???

I think Ive decided my next vehicle purchase will be an 03-04 Corvette Z06. Book values are high teens-low 20s, I can easily afford that.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I'm just trying to figure out how to make "fast" and "usable back seat" go together. At the moment I'm thinking of a WRX early next year.

And n7lxi...you are old :p.

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant
Had a definite EMS moment today. I managed to FDGB, hitting a few things on my way down a flight of stairs, realized I was bleeding and didnt know from where.

This is the stuff that happens when you don't look where you're going and are texting in your girlfriends house.

At any rate, I was in boxers and started getting blood all over them, ran into her bathroom and she came rushing in, right as I hopped in. I showered to clean most of it off, and then turned it off to see if we could pinpoint it.

AS IT TURNS OUT:

I had a lac on my forehead, and bi-lateral epitaxis. This was only about 1/3 of the blood that actually came out (and I'm doing a hard link so no one can get mad at me for posting it. Since I guess it would be NSFW). Yelled for my girlfriend to get the camera so I could take a photo of all the blood.

EDIT: Link fixed

http://i46.tinypic.com/23m62l3.jpg

Certainly not much in comparison to some stuff we've all seen, but it's a lot of fun when its your own.

Last edited by a moderator: