Youngin'
Premium Member

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
IMG_20120403_143542.jpg

bigbaldguy

:unsure: <cough> <cough> WHACKER <cough> <cough> :rofl:

Notice I left out the left side of the bumper where I have my star of life and witty emt bumper sticker :)

Sasha

Forum Chief
Well, did you mouth off to a nurse or say anything that might be construed as disrespectful?

I asked her if she was really sending a patient to the ER for an ear infection. Then I asked her what made the ear infection an emergency.

I asked to get a better picture of what was going on... To see if there was something I was missing.

My tone was very even. I don't feel like I was disrespectful or mouthy.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
So, Sash, are you complaining or did the Nurse deserve it?

Not good to have on your record but some things are worth standing in the corner for a while. If it's a pattern, be more cautious. Better yet, have something on the nurse so he/she can't squeal!

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
That moment when one sentence makes you realize that you're not as good of a person as you thought you were...that moment when you decide to change. Yup, I just had it.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I asked her if she was really sending a patient to the ER for an ear infection. Then I asked her what made the ear infection an emergency.

I asked to get a better picture of what was going on... To see if there was something I was missing.

My tone was very even. I don't feel like I was disrespectful or mouthy.

Well, that just sucks. As you certainly know, when you're working IFT, unfortunately, in most cases it's "you call, we haul". And most nurses aren't accustomed to, or real comfortable with, an "ambulance driver" telling them what is and isn't an emergency.

Just another reason I'll never do IFT again. ;) I'm far too mouthy, and would most certainly be fired.

bigbaldguy

That moment when one sentence makes you realize that you're not as good of a person as you thought you were...that moment when you decide to change. Yup, I just had it.

Good for you. Never stop trying to be a better person :)

Anjel

Forum Angel
Had an awesome ER shift.

10 iv starts, 5 IVP, 1 IM, and 3 blood draws.

Nuse said I was the best student she has ever had, and if I needed a letter of recomendation just let her know.

/ tooting my own horn.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Had an awesome ER shift.

10 iv starts, 5 IVP, 1 IM, and 3 blood draws.

Nuse said I was the best student she has ever had, and if I needed a letter of recomendation just let her know.

/ tooting my own horn.

And I was all proud that I got two successful IV starts today, way to burst my bubble Anjel! :p

Anjel

Forum Angel
And I was all proud that I got two successful IV starts today, way to burst my bubble Anjel! :p

Way to go Adam. Baby steps. Lol

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
My roommates girlfriend just stole our cookies and left...he just had to demand more cookies :(

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

There ya go! Now you know how it feels, it just gets easier and easier.

I have to remember that tomorrow and the next day I am wearing my Intermediate pants and not my paramedic intern pants on the truck. I can go back to wearing my paramedic pants on friday. :rofl:

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
There ya go! Now you know how it feels, it just gets easier and easier.

I have to remember that tomorrow and the next day I am wearing my Intermediate pants and not my paramedic intern pants on the truck. I can go back to wearing my paramedic pants on friday. :rofl:

Yupyup, that's what I've been told. Screw IVs, though, I plan on being a dynamic airway sultan by the time I'm through with medic school.

Speaking of which, how goes the internship so far, bud?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yupyup, that's what I've been told. Screw IVs, though, I plan on being a dynamic airway sultan by the time I'm through with medic school.

Speaking of which, how goes the internship so far, bud?

I need lots of practice with airways before I can even think about that. I'll settle for the IV ninja for now.

It's going pretty well only had 2 days one of which was a transfer day but even that was cool. Had an emergent IFT for a lady with pulmonary edema. Pretty crazy, you could hear it from the doorway into her room in the SNF. Also had a couple vent transfers one of which I ended up using 8 mg of versed. He was on a versed drip but we don't have pumps, only our CCT medics do so they disco'd the drip and gave 5 mg before we left and I did 2mg q5 per the sending doc to keep him down. Not ideal but it was an interesting transfer. Not like most we get. Oh the fact that he was on contact and droplet precautions along with being a bigger individual made it even more entertaining and a pain in the ***.

Last edited by a moderator: