the 100% directionless thread

JPINFV

Gadfly
Why I shouldn't get involved with EMS groups on Facebook.

Person: "Governor Cristie is bad for wanting to fly the US flag at half staff for a dead druggy singer and not real heros like FF, PD, and EMS."

Me: "You do realize that the Flag Code doesn't allow for the flag to be flown at half staff for FF, PD, or EMS as well?"

Person: "But that's only done at fire stations... and we died trying to save people."

Me: ...

Cognitive dissonance hurts my head.

Must. Not. Get. Drawn. Into. Discussion. With. "But but but WE'RE HEROES." Crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
re

Sigh. So sick of hearing about this crack:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:.

Here is the vigil she deserves........ please move on

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/1329/vigil.jpg

vigil.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yeah, it sucks... Just ask bbg... :(

I hate seeing it. Those calls and legit sucidal ideology/attempt calls are the ones that get me the most.

Only thing you can do is do everything in your pawer to help them and get them the further help that they need. I don't understand how someone can abuse their grandfather/mother/mom/dad. I just can't grasp it.

On another note, we got F'd in the A by dispatch today.

A better note, I'm on the dedicate ski resort car tomorrow, sucks being up there but not being able to ride but still nice to have some time to study while on the clock and start on the book adamjh3 sent me :D

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
On another note, we got F'd in the A by dispatch today.

A better note, I'm on the dedicate ski resort car tomorrow, sucks being up there but not being able to ride but still nice to have some time to study while on the clock and start on the book adamjh3 sent me :D

On an even better note, I finally bought an STi...and it was the greatest decision ever.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
On an even better note, I finally bought an STi...and it was the greatest decision ever.

Now we know what you spent your birthday money on.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I will not ask for any kind of discount for being an EMT. What I do instead is go to places right after work so I am still in my uniform which they see and I get a discount.

Car insurance, phone bill, bank account, and now at the gym haha

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Congrats man! Now you must roadtrip to Reno give me a ride and you can do a ride along with me and not do code 3 LDTs all day long :p

I will not ask for any kind of discount for being an EMT. What I do instead is go to places right after work so I am still in my uniform which they see and I get a discount.

Car insurance, phone bill, bank account, and now at the gym haha

Wait car insurance and phone bill!? Teach me your ways.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Congrats man! Now you must roadtrip to Reno give me a ride and you can do a ride along with me and not do code 3 LDTs all day long :p

Wait car insurance and phone bill!? Teach me your ways.

Car insurance due to EVOC.

And phone I don't really know. Went in one day while on duty because my phone stopped working. Came out with a discount haha

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Car insurance due to EVOC.

And phone I don't really know. Went in one day while on duty because my phone stopped working. Came out with a discount haha

Weird. I will have to talk to my agent since I have EVOC through my agency.

The phone store would never work on duty, we are too busy.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Weird. I will have to talk to my agent since I have EVOC through my agency.

The phone store would never work on duty, we are too busy.

We were coming back from a long distance transfer so we were out of service when we stopped.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I get a 20% AT&T discount... that's about the only think I'm not ashamed to ask for... given that I use MY personal phone quite often, especially on the volunteer side.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Crap hope he makes a quick recovery. Don't worry he's too grumpy to stay down long. I'm sure he'll be up and telling the nurses how poorly they do their jobs in no time.

Actually the nurses have been saying how nice and polite he is. :huh:

Got out of surgery almost 12 hours ago, hopefully will get discharged later today.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I get a 20% AT&T discount... that's about the only think I'm not ashamed to ask for... given that I use MY personal phone quite often, especially on the volunteer side.

What discount is that? Does it have a specific name? I use my AT&T phone at work all the time… I need to ask for a discount too.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Loving actually doing 911 calls as a basic.

Exhausted since im teching all of them for now.

Had a guy yesterday in vtach with a pulse. 210 monitor rate. A&Ox4 and only complaining of DIB.

Couldnt get a line or the medics were gonna cardiovert. We were only 7 min from the ER.

A lot better than being a kidney saver thats for sure.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Loving actually doing 911 calls as a basic.

Exhausted since im teching all of them for now.

Had a guy yesterday in vtach with a pulse. 210 monitor rate. A&Ox4 and only complaining of DIB.

Couldnt get a line or the medics were gonna cardiovert. We were only 7 min from the ER.

A lot better than being a kidney saver thats for sure.

I'm so proud of you! :)

How is medic school going? Hate life yet?