the 100% directionless thread

Sasha

Forum Chief
Sexually transmitted infection?! Why would you spend your money on such a thing?!

He didnt have the money for the clean hooker.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Actually the nurses have been saying how nice and polite he is. :huh:

Got out of surgery almost 12 hours ago, hopefully will get discharged later today.

They must have him heavily sedated. :rofl:

Tell to get up off his lazy butt and get well now.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I'm so proud of you! :)

How is medic school going? Hate life yet?

Thanks Sasha.

And Not quite yet. Got a 94% on my Anatomy final. Go me. Lol

cynikalkat

Forum Lieutenant
I will not ask for any kind of discount for being an EMT. What I do instead is go to places right after work so I am still in my uniform which they see and I get a discount.

Car insurance, phone bill, bank account, and now at the gym haha

good idea!

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Sexually transmitted infection?! Why would you spend your money on such a thing?!

Well, I didn't have one and I felt left out :( You really haven't lived until you have had at least one STi.

And Rob, that's a very valid point...but you forgot to add "BS" in front of the "code 3 LDT".

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
What discount is that? Does it have a specific name? I use my AT&T phone at work all the time… I need to ask for a discount too.

If you've got a PA DOH Cert, they'll give you the PA state employee discount. It ends up being enough that you only pay plan price, not taxes and fees.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
STI?

2012-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-STI-50.jpg

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
[YOUTUBE]GaoLU6zKaws[/YOUTUBE]

Still my favorite video of all time

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
They must have him heavily sedated. :rofl:

Tell to get up off his lazy butt and get well now.

:rofl:

My mom was so nice when she was on pain meds my siblings and I were kinda hoping she would get hooked.

In all seriousness I'm glad to hear he's out of surgery. I suspect he's not the type to lay around in a hospital for long. In fact you better check on him he may be signing his own discharged papers while you read this.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
What discount is that? Does it have a specific name? I use my AT&T phone at work all the time… I need to ask for a discount too.

Agreed. I'm not one to ask for discounts because I am in EMS but my iPhone bill is a bit ridiculous with unlimited texting since I get my pages for work on it and the data plan.

Loving actually doing 911 calls as a basic.

Exhausted since im teching all of them for now.

Had a guy yesterday in vtach with a pulse. 210 monitor rate. A&Ox4 and only complaining of DIB.

Couldnt get a line or the medics were gonna cardiovert. We were only 7 min from the ER.

A lot better than being a kidney saver thats for sure.

Did they end up cardioverting him? What was his pressure? Sorry but what is DIB :unsure:

That's awesome I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I second Sasha's question, how is medic school?! And don't listen to her, despite popular belief you can have plenty of fun and not hate your life during school even if you work as well :p

JPINFV

Gadfly
Tina Fey for President under the Lemon Party. Who's with me?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Tina Fey for President under the Lemon Party. Who's with me?

Strongly.

"We had him, Jack, and we lost him. So Kenneth and I had to spend the rest of the afternoon trying to think like Tracy. I ended up eating a swordfish dinner at a strip club and Kenneth grabbed a cop's gun and shot a blimp."

Anjel

Forum Angel
Did they end up cardioverting him? What was his pressure? Sorry but what is DIB :unsure:

That's awesome I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I second Sasha's question, how is medic school?! And don't listen to her, despite popular belief you can have plenty of fun and not hate your life during school even if you work as well :p

Yea its Difficulty in Breathing. The hospitals here dont want us using.SOB.

His pressure was 78/58. And im not.sure what the ER did but our medics couldnt get a line, and we were too close to the ER for them to want to do an IO. The doctor was arguing that it was Afib and not Vtach. But there wasnt any p waves so idk.

And school is great. Anatomy is over. I have a 92% in the class. Its only once a week so its nicely spread out.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I'm so hungry.

And all I have in the house is cupcakes.

24 of them to be exact.

R99

Forum Lieutenant
Yea its Difficulty in Breathing. The hospitals here dont want us using.SOB.

His pressure was 78/58. And im not.sure what the ER did but our medics couldnt get a line, and we were too close to the ER for them to want to do an IO. The doctor was arguing that it was Afib and not Vtach. But there wasnt any p waves so idk.

And school is great. Anatomy is over. I have a 92% in the class. Its only once a week so its nicely spread out.

Interesting that you must user DIB not SOB I have never heard of DIB but that doesn't mean its wrong

You can usually distinguish between AF and VT as VT is genetally regular wide and coupled but AF is narrow and irregular

A patient with VF is probably going to be more sick than somebody in AF as AF is generally well tolerated

Everybody here can cardiovert but only this year did we get any official sedation for cardioversion, its probably been done for years creatively but its not totally neceszary, if I cannot get a drip in you and youre that crook I'm going to zap you