the 100% directionless thread

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
So did anyone else think the Super Bowl commercials were kinda lame this year?

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Haven't checked them out on hulu yet but I'm hearing that a lot.

R99

Forum Lieutenant
441e64e3-8954-2519.jpg

So glad they explained what pulmonary meant lol

Looks like me and Adam are using the same book.

yup thats the bledsoe book I think we use it here

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Couldn't tell ya. I spent all day yesterday staring at the same parking lot for like 8 hours while being teased by the sports bar in that parking lot.

We didn't feel it would have been appropriate for us to hang out in a bar in uniform on shift to watch the game. Used to happen all the time apparently but times are changin.

Edit: Just found out they are adding two new hard posts and another shift line in the near future to cover the outlying areas in our county. One of which is where I sat yesterday...to bad the post wasn't there yet <_<

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
I can't wait till I grow up and can present at a conference. Not because I want to teach people, but because I want to come up with some cool names. I'm tempted to make the trek down to San Diego tomorrow for the AAEM conference, and I love some of the session names.

"When You Just Can’t Get it Up: Unresponsive Hypotension"

"Pediatric Diarrhea, Hematochezia and Constipation: Crap You Need to Know"

"GC, Chlamydia and Trichomonas… Oh My!"

bigbaldguy

Couldn't tell ya. I spent all day yesterday staring at the same parking lot for like 8 hours while being teased by the sports bar in that parking lot.

We didn't feel it would have been appropriate for us to hang out in a bar in uniform on shift to watch the game. Used to happen all the time apparently but times are changin.

Edit: Just found out they are adding two new hard posts and another shift line in the near future to cover the outlying areas in our county. One of which is where I sat yesterday...to bad the post wasn't there yet <_<

That's why the patches on my jacket are attached with Velcro.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

bigbaldguy

Why am I not surprised?

Oh sure I come up with a loop hole in the whole "presenting a professional appearance at all times while in uniform" clause and everybody looks at me funny.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Oh sure I come up with a loop hole in the whole "presenting a professional appearance at all times while in uniform" clause and everybody looks at me funny.

Yeah, that's the reason people look at you funny :wacko:

medic417

The Truth Provider

I can only think of 3 that even made me smile. The rest I should have skipped. Companies wasted lots of money this year.

cynikalkat

Forum Lieutenant
the big game

We were so dead on Sunday we had about 15 people in the station for most of the day and someone decided riding a box down the stairs would be fun. It was funny as all hell, despite his skinned legs b/c, of course, the box broke halfway down. There's nothing like laughter at someone else's expense.

Then my partner & I got excommunicated to Falmouth (the other, smaller, less staffed shop) @1800 and had a run, but whatever. We blared the game in the truck and made it back to see the last quarter of failure. We were all devastated Mass*****.

I'm sure the gods of EMS will smite us today and we'll be slammed, as we were dead the last 2. My partner & I were on for a 12 yesterday and only left the shop to get some food.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Just broke my nose

Anjel

Forum Angel
Oh no I am really sorry to hear that and hope u r ok how did u manage to break it?

I locked myself out. So I was clinbing through the window and landed nose first against a chair.

R99

Forum Lieutenant
I locked myself out. So I was clinbing through the window and landed nose first against a chair.

We had one bloke who cut his arm trying to break into his house, catastrophic haemmorhage ensued looked like a bloody warzone (no pun intended lol)

Anyway enough of my stories, hope you feel better!!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Delivering babies is nowhere near as difficult as I thought it would be...

Anjel

Forum Angel

Speak for yourself lol

Im sure it wasnt as easy for the mother.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
What is it with all my patients these last 2 days wanting to show me their penis. Even the females are trying to show me their penis. Sorry I don't swing that way and I'm glad you are in limb restraints.

medic417

The Truth Provider

LOL. All you are is the catcher. You are not even necessary woman have delivered on their own for centuries. But always volunteer to catch as it's easier than the clean up.