the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I feel so mature right now. My cousin likes to model, so i got one of her pictures of Facebook and added devil horns, a devil tail, flames, and added a pile of skulls that she is standing on.

Our whole family views her as an angel but myself and male cousin know the truth, she is the devil :rofl:

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Looking through some really old EMTLIFE PMs and found a message to me where a certain Veneficus was asking for my knowledge...

How cool is that? :cool:

Check one off the bucket list...

So does that mean we have to call you...'Sir' Mountain Res-Q now?;)

Epi-do

I see dead people
The things we do for our kids. In about an hour, I am heading downtown to the Superbowl Village. I have no desire to go, but my kid has asked me if we could go. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. FOR. A. WEEK.

I should get some sort of cool mom award for choosing to head down there into that mess of closed streets, overpriced parking, and crazy crowds, against my better judgement, all to make my 8yo son happy.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
What a day. Only one call so far and a big bowl of chowder and fresh baked bread for lunch.

Life is good friends. Life is good.

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Speaking of which....we will be getting a new neighbour soon.
James Cameron (Director of Titanic and Avatar) is moving to the other end of the region I live in.
That means both Sir Peter Jackson and James Cameron will be neighbours!
All we need is 'Steven Spielberg' to move in and make it a hat-trick!:)

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
LIFE...
Not As Described in the Brochure

I Want a Refund!!!

Anjel

Forum Angel
Went on a call at 0500. Possible unconscious 83 y.o at a private residence.

Atf pt completely naked and lethargic but A&Ox3...

Any guesses where we found him. Lol

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Went on a call at 0500. Possible unconscious 83 y.o at a private residence.

Atf pt completely naked and lethargic but A&Ox3...

Any guesses where we found him. Lol

I gonna guess and say between the toilet and bath tub.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I gonna guess and say between the toilet and bath tub.

Of course. Where else would he be covered in poo cause he pulled an elvis on the toilet lol

They can barely walk, but can always end up wedged in the weirdest spot

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Of course. Where else would he be covered in poo cause he pulled an elvis on the toilet lol

They can barely walk, but can always end up wedged in the weirdest spot

I'm waiting for the one day I get an overweight patient stuck there and we have to remove the toilet in order to get the patient out haha

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Philosophical question for ya:

You are fighting a battle that is good and just, where victory will mean a better system and therefore allow the community and your co-workers to be safer.

You can not win. The deck is stacked against you. All your allies are pansys depending on you to fight their war. You are good at this sort of thing and have won many battles (maybe the reason why you have so many enemies now ^_^), but have grown weary and it is affecting you.

Do You:

A. Retreat to fight another day. Lower you moral and ethical standards, letting incompetents continue in their reckless and often illegal behavior, knowing that one day the consequences could be catastrophic?

B. Go out guns blazing. Make a last stand for what you know is true, confident that even if reinforcements fail to arrive in time, you have done everything you could have and can hold your head high?

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Philosophical question for ya:

You are fighting a battle that is good and just, where victory will mean a better system and therefore allow the community and your co-workers to be safer.

You can not win. The deck is stacked against you. All your allies are pansys depending on you to fight their war. You are good at this sort of thing and have won many battles (maybe the reason why you have so many enemies now ^_^), but have grown weary and it is affecting you.

Do You:

A. Retreat to fight another day. Lower you moral and ethical standards, letting incompetents continue in their reckless and often illegal behavior, knowing that one day the consequences could be catastrophic?

B. Go out guns blazing. Make a last stand for what you know is true, confident that even if reinforcements fail to arrive in time, you have done everything you could have and can hold your head high?

C. Lure them into a narrow corridor, here forth known as the "Hot Gates". In that narrow corridor, their numbers will mean nothing. Wave after wave of opposition will clash with your arguments, their losses will be great, their men will be demoralized, and they will have no choice but to abandon their campaign.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Go out guns blazin!

Spent my clinical time with the crazies today. Alright I'll be politically correct, psychiatric patients. Wasn't the most exciting day but I did learn some good stuff. I got lucky and all the nurses were already paired with nursing students so I hung around with the psychiatrist all day :D I will say a couple of the nursing student were grumpy when they found out the lowly paramedic student was paired with the MD ;)

AlphaButch

Forum Lieutenant
Sent a cherry CCT medic on a transport that flight couldn't do due to weather. Now I get to pace around and try not to have a coronary myself.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I'm waiting for the one day I get an overweight patient stuck there and we have to remove the toilet in order to get the patient out haha

Been there, done that. Also had to cut a section of the exterior wall to get the patient out (different call).

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Been there, done that. Also had to cut a section of the exterior wall to get the patient out (different call).

We have a preplan for a certain patient if we are ever presented with an emergent situation.

The FD has the exterior wall of her second story apartment pre-marked so as to make extrication faster....she's that big. Think like 5'x8' marking...

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
C. Lure them into a narrow corridor, here forth known as the "Hot Gates". In that narrow corridor, their numbers will mean nothing. Wave after wave of opposition will clash with your arguments, their losses will be great, their men will be demoralized, and they will have no choice but to abandon their campaign.

Hmmm... good idea... probably will not work... but what the hell, why not...