the 100% directionless thread

Oculuck

Forum Crew Member
Wow that was fast, I used turbo tax and both federal and state returns have been accepted... I should have my money within a week!

How much does that program cost?

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

Oculuck

Forum Crew Member
In total it was like 59 bucks for state and federal with e-file and direct deposit.

Well shoot, I might just go get me a copy of that tomorrow then! :)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
In total it was like 59 bucks for state and federal with e-file and direct deposit.

I did mine online fo' freeeeeee last year with efile and direct deposit ;)

Idk if I get it for free this year though...I guess I should get to work on my taxes... bleh

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Idk if I get it for free this year though...I guess I should get to work on my taxes... bleh

Sometimes it pays to have a CFO in the house.;)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

My family has a tax guy we've been going to for years. Not that I'm gonna be seeing any money back from taxes due to my parents claiming me <_<

cynikalkat

Forum Lieutenant
taxes

i started my taxes...oh god i hate doing taxes! Also, MA is just ridiculous. People can write off gambling expenses but get screwed for not having health insurance. Freaking communists

My federal will be about $760, but I did make a helluva lot more in 2011 than I did in 2010!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

Turbotax makes it SOOOO much easier though.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My family has a tax guy we've been going to for years. Not that I'm gonna be seeing any money back from taxes due to my parents claiming me <_<

My dad tried and then I got wise and told him if he wanted to he had to start paying for stuff ;)

Oh and NV doesn't have state income tax :ph34r: woop woop

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I'm still waiting on another W2...

I WAS expecting $1000 back but due to my school not sending my payment forms from 2009 when I took an educational credit, I currently owe $1000...so I should break even. Damnit.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Turbo tax is great if you have a relatively simple return. Take it from someone who found out the hard way if or when you have a business get a good tax person. Trust me saving a few hundred a year is not worth the trouble that clicking yes when you should have clicked no can cause.

Epi-do

I see dead people
I have started our taxes. Not really sure how much we are going to be getting back yet. I use TaxAct software, and have for the last several years. My dad always buys it and then lets my siblings and myself also use it, so I am not complaining. And, if I get stuck on anything, my step-mom is a CPA.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Turbotax makes it SOOOO much easier though.

I used turbotax, the free version on their website. Even with season employment and 3 different jobs only took me 15 minutes to do them last year.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I used turbotax, the free version on their website. Even with season employment and 3 different jobs only took me 15 minutes to do them last year.

Pretty much the same here :p

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Pretty much the same here :p

Here's a breakdown of the fees:

TurboTax Online - Federal Free Edition $0.00 (Paid)
Refund Processing Service Fee $29.95 (Paid)
FEDERAL e-file $0.00 (Paid)
TurboTax State: California $27.95 (Paid)
STATE e-file $0.00 (Paid)

Oh how I wish we could edit so I wouldn't have to keep posting...

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Anyone else under the impression that 2012 is gonna suck as much as 2011?

:banghead:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Well so far today my shift has started out with a dirty rig with trash in the med kit, no charting computer, and a cracked windshield that has been getting worse over the past week and has yet to be reported. Really people? This is part of your job!

Then I asked another medic if they got ROSC on a code this morning and the response I got was "what's that?"...

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Please, PLEASE tell me the ride in the ambulance is too bumpy, just so I can have the pleasure of saying "If you wanted a taxi, you called the wrong number".

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Turned in my reg for EMS today in Baltimore. And work is paying! Double score. Who else is gonna be there?