the 100% directionless thread

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
We have a preplan for a certain patient if we are ever presented with an emergent situation.

The FD has the exterior wall of her second story apartment pre-marked so as to make extrication faster....she's that big. Think like 5'x8' marking...

We didn't have it pre-marked, but we had it pre-planned. K-saws are a wonderful tool.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
We didn't have it pre-marked, but we had it pre-planned. K-saws are a wonderful tool.

I've never had the privilege of playing with one unfortunately :sad:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Today I was able to walk mostly without a walker today, and was given a corset to wear by an orthopedist. My life is looking up I think. I think I am the first of my college friends to have to use these infernal contraptions, which can only be made better by the liberal application of valium and percocet.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Today I was able to walk mostly without a walker today, and was given a corset to wear by an orthopedist. My life is looking up I think. I think I am the first of my college friends to have to use these infernal contraptions, which can only be made better by the liberal application of valium and percocet.

Apparently I missed something but I'm glad you're up and around but sorry you were laid up to begin with.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Apparently I missed something but I'm glad you're up and around but sorry you were laid up to begin with.

No I think in my confused mental state I forgot to mention that I had hit a tree with my back skiing. No breaks or bleeds so I am just considering myself lucky at this point.

I appreciate the kind words as well!

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbaldguy

No I think in my confused mental state I forgot to mention that I had hit a tree with my back skiing. No breaks or bleeds so I am just considering myself lucky at this point.

I appreciate the kind words as well!

I saw the photo in faces behind post the other day but didn't realize it was recent.

JPINFV

Gadfly

On the bright side, with your new corset you should be able to get some free drinks!

bigbaldguy

On the bright side, with you new corset you should be able to get some free drinks!

Ooo and you'll fit right in at rocky horror picture show.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I love that movie. /hidell

R99

Forum Lieutenant
Just watched Hostel, made my blood run cold, um ima try to sleep now?

AlphaButch

Forum Lieutenant
Philosophical question for ya:

You are fighting a battle that is good and just, where victory will mean a better system and therefore allow the community and your co-workers to be safer.

You can not win. The deck is stacked against you. All your allies are pansys depending on you to fight their war. You are good at this sort of thing and have won many battles (maybe the reason why you have so many enemies now ^_^), but have grown weary and it is affecting you.

Do You:

A. Retreat to fight another day. Lower you moral and ethical standards, letting incompetents continue in their reckless and often illegal behavior, knowing that one day the consequences could be catastrophic?

B. Go out guns blazing. Make a last stand for what you know is true, confident that even if reinforcements fail to arrive in time, you have done everything you could have and can hold your head high?

Move to where the fight is winnable, or there are at least more allies on my side. Short of that, I go with option B.

medic417

The Truth Provider

One positive the corset should make you look skinny.^_^

But in serious mode now, I am glad you are alive and walking, many that have similiar accidents are not so fortunate. Hope you a speedy recovery.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
64 stories in full bunker gear... I'm gassed! x)

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
On the bright side, with your new corset you should be able to get some free drinks!

Sadly it has delayed my departure to New Zealand, where I can actually acquire free drinks!

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Hmmm... good idea... probably will not work... but what the hell, why not...

It worked for the Spartans, as long as you have a six-pack, nothing is impossible ;)

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
It worked for the Spartans, as long as you have a six-pack, nothing is impossible ;)

Guns blazing... reinforcements arrived (kinda)... still fighting the war, but battle won.

Like I say, I may have been home schooled but I was still unbeaten as Captain of the Debate Team. :what:

medic417

The Truth Provider
After many Years of life...
I am Reevaluating time... Working on a nothing...
Just here to have trouble... Ya'll take it way to lightly... Life is too long...

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
We have a preplan for a certain patient if we are ever presented with an emergent situation.

The FD has the exterior wall of her second story apartment pre-marked so as to make extrication faster....she's that big. Think like 5'x8' marking...

We really have no plan other than they are screwed. Thankfully the new power cots come equipped with a higher weight tolerance and extra long belts. The bariatric unit is down while we equip the new unit.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm ready for Medic school to start. The excitement of being an EMT has worn off and I'm becoming rather bored at work.