Stethoscope - The Mega Thread

OODAsquirrel

Forum Ride Along
I just got a Littman Classic II SE on recommendation from a paramedic friend of mine and my mother who is an RN. I'm in school and when I brought it to class the instructor had a good time teasing me about the rainbow coloring. I got the wackiest color I could because I wanted it to stand out and I have kids and know how much more fun colorful things are to them. Adults don't care but if I ever get a child as a patient I thought it might help break the ice a little.

I also found a website that offered free engraving and so I have my name engraved on the inside of the bell. The wacky coloring + the engraving SHOULD keep it from getting stolen.

Someone may go out and buy the same model of scope but I have yet to meet a single person with my exact first and last name...lol.

The instructor of my class said that was a very smart move because it is a very nice stethoscope and it ticks him off to no end to see his own or student gear walking away.

My mother recently got her $100 steth stolen and not so slyly asked for a new one for her birthday, with her name engraved in it.

homingmissile

Forum Crew Member
I just got a Littman Classic II SE ...rainbow coloring. I got the wackiest color I could because I wanted it to stand out...

I also found a website that offered free engraving and so I have my name engraved on the inside of the bell. The wacky coloring + the engraving SHOULD keep it from getting stolen.

Someone may go out and buy the same model of scope but I have yet to meet a single person with my exact first and last name...lol.

My thoughts exactly. In fact, I just so happen to have decided to get that exact same model and colour scheme, too.

Moreover, my name's pretty unique, too.

Did you get it from medisave? They have free engraving AND shipping and I've heard only good things about them from this place and the allnurse forum.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks! That was an extremely well thorough experiment.

I wouldn't have thought to tape the Rappaport tubes together. If that really helps I know what I'm going to get as a back up if my Classic II walks off. <_<

Spragues are decent, but not ideal. I take most of my blood pressures with them, but occasionally if i'm on a loud truck i'll have to toss the sprague and pull one of my personal scopes out to reduce the noise and hear the beat.

drew

Forum Ride Along
I have the classic II.......I was given a gift card to a local supplier that only carries the MDF......I was contemplating one for a backup

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
Tip for Canadians: Amazon.COM is a great place to by stethoscopes. Amazon.CA doesn't carry them, but .com seems to be cheaper than pretty much any other place I've found - even once you factor in shipping and customs.

Stethoscope.ca wanted just shy of $110 for a Classic II SE with shipping, Amazon comes in at around $92.00. (Not including exchange, but the dollars are pretty close these days. ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Tip for Canadians: Amazon.COM is a great place to by stethoscopes. Amazon.CA doesn't carry them, but .com seems to be cheaper than pretty much any other place I've found - even once you factor in shipping and customs.

Stethoscope.ca wanted just shy of $110 for a Classic II SE with shipping, Amazon comes in at around $92.00. (Not including exchange, but the dollars are pretty close these days. ;) )

I found the same scope for $45 US on Amazon, I think it was resold by a company called Wheelchairs Direct or something. If you haven't bought it yet maybe take a gander.

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
I found the same scope for $45 US on Amazon, I think it was resold by a company called Wheelchairs Direct or something. If you haven't bought it yet maybe take a gander.

Yeah, I saw some of those, but I'm always a bit sketchy purchasing from a company I don't know - especially if their price is nearly too good to be true.

Who knows, maybe they're not selling a Littmann, but a Fittmann. :rofl:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Yeah, I saw some of those, but I'm always a bit sketchy purchasing from a company I don't know - especially if their price is nearly too good to be true.

Who knows, maybe they're not selling a Littmann, but a Fittmann. :rofl:

I did successfully purchase from that company through Amazon, and I did get the real thing. They did send me a Lightweight the first time around, though it was quickly remedied.

homingmissile

Forum Crew Member
I just ordered a tried-and-true Littmann Classic II. I got the fancy "Caribbean blue with rainbow finish" so it would be distinguishable from everyone else's black/blue ones. The engraving should help, too.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I got a Littman Master Cardiology as a graduation present from medic school.

The thing is awesome, I can hear myself think with it. Haven't had any problems with background noise.

Pricey but worth it in my opinion. The thing stays on me though in my cargo pocket until I need it then it goes right back in it's pocket. Having my name and graduation date on the tubes and my initials on the head helps make it pretty unmistakable as well.

BiggestLittleEMT

Forum Probie
I got the Littman Classic II S.E. and it works great compared to my old one (which I was ashamed to even use if I didn't have another option) :lol:

I listened to my brother's heart murmur with it, sounded like a washing machine! Nevertheless, pretty cool! When I go medic I'll probably upgrade to the master cardiology.