1. Tired of seeing ads? Click here to register today and the ads go away. It's completely FREE, too!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Our Store is open, now with t-shirts and keychains. Click on STORE in the top menu.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Can't find what you're looking for? Use the search bar in the upper right corner.
    Dismiss Notice

Stethoscope - The Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Ambulances and Equipment' started by futureemt, Dec 23, 2007.

1. daysquad

daysquad Forum Probie

2. Exam Vs Bad Touch

Exam Vs Bad Touch Forum Probie

Education:
    EMT
    I have a multitude of Littman Classic SE II's that I have liberated during my Army time. But 2 weeks before I got out I stumbled upon an unsecured Cardiology III during a medical coverage. My dear lord...even for my deaf *** the difference is remarkable.

3. sack jears

sack jears Forum Crew Member

Education:
    EMT
    I have one but if you sit down in weird angles it pops out of the holster. Good idea but not that practical

4. Kevinf

Kevinf Forum Captain

5. sack jears

sack jears Forum Crew Member

Education:
    EMT
  6. Kevinf

Kevinf Forum Captain

I've never had the bell come loose, though I have had the flap catch in tight quarters a handful of times. You hear the velcro pulling very clearly though, so its extremely rare that I rip it open all the way.

I'd recommened it. My partners that keep scopes around their neck get them caught all the time... usually on the patient as the stretcher is being unloaded :)

Attached Files:

7. OHgrl74

OHgrl74 Forum Probie

Education:
    EMT
    I have a Littman Cardio III and love it. It is pricey but worth the investment.

8. Giant81

Giant81 Forum Lieutenant

Education:
    EMT
    I've heard (no pun intended) that the cardiology III is nicer than the classic II because it has two tubes instead of one. It sounds (no pun intended) that the Classic III has the same two tube design.

I'm wondering if for half the price, the classic III is a solid scope. I'm a bit deaf and currently have a $20 ADC that, while worlds better than the stuff on the rig, is still not cutting it.

9. OHgrl74

OHgrl74 Forum Probie

Education:
    EMT
    I have a little trouble hearing normally but this works well for me. Much better than what we have on board and had in class.