Hurricane Sandy

d0nk3yk0n9

Forum Crew Member
I'm pretty far (Ithaca, NY) from the main part of it, but even so we've had a ton of trees and power lines down already.

medicsb

Forum Asst. Chief
CraneOne57.jpg

Partial crane collapse in NYC, shutting down a lot of midtown. It's getting real

Apparently some every-day Einsteins at FDNY have decided to climb 74 flights of stairs to determine "what should be done"? I'm no engineer, but what is there to be done during a Hurricane that can't wait until the Hurricane is gone other than stay away?

medic417

The Truth Provider
Apparently some every-day Einsteins at FDNY have decided to climb 74 flights of stairs to determine "what should be done"? I'm no engineer, but what is there to be done during a Hurricane that can't wait until the Hurricane is gone other than stay away?

Hey they are firefighters they are not affected by hurricanes.:rolleyes:

Common sense says hey it can wait till the storm blows by we can just block off some streets.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
The news crew caught us on camera as we were getting checked in at the airport. Looks like ice cream is gonna be around.

Good luck, I just got my DRT app in, so I wont be on this deployment.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Fatal car accident in Westchester, ny. Weather related.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Am I wrong in thinking that Gov. Christie has sounded like a total :censored: in his speeches about how no one is going to be rescued?

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
We are having damaging winds in Michigan.

u3uvehy2.jpg

The front of the building was ripped off

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
TWC shows Chicago surfers on Lake Michigan.

cowabunga.jpg

JPINFV

Gadfly
Am I wrong in thinking that Gov. Christie has sounded like a total d!ck in his speeches about how no one is going to be rescued?

Depends. If the emergency management officials tell you to get out because a huge storm is coming and your area is going to flood, and you ignore them, who's fault is it that you need to be rescued? Isn't that being a total penis to everyone who is now risking their lives to save yours because you thought you could ride out a huge storm and were wrong.

As a side note, I feel the same way about penises who decide not to evacuate when wild fires are coming their way despite ample time.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
We are having damaging winds in Michigan.

picture was here.

The front of the building was ripped off

or was it stolen? D-town dirty.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Out of 7 ambulances we had 2 ambulances that got a whole windshield wiper (not just the blade) ripped of from the wind. But we are still pushing on. Not sure how much more wind damage can happen to the ambulances.

Just crossed over into New York State lines.

Anjel

Forum Angel

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Out of 7 ambulances we had 2 ambulances that got a whole windshield wiper (not just the blade) ripped of from the wind. But we are still pushing on. Not sure how much more wind damage can happen to the ambulances.

Dang, I'm jealous of you all that get to go on this kind of stuff.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Dang, I'm jealous of you all that get to go on this kind of stuff.

So am I :p If I wouldn't have slacked on putting in my application (Which only took me 20 minutes to do...) I'd be out there right now.

JPINFV

Gadfly

Wait... your ambulances have working windshield wipers? Did you guys at least replace the blades before you took off?

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Am I wrong in thinking that Gov. Christie has sounded like a total :censored: in his speeches about how no one is going to be rescued?

As a NJ EMT, i agree with the Gov. We went to all the residents in the flood areas sunday and told them to leave. There are some people who we cant get to. I have told people on the phone that they will not be rescued and will have to ride the storm out. We gave everyone fair warning. If they chose to ignore us, then they get what they get.

Last edited by a moderator: