Hurricane Sandy

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Rock crawling over high voltage lines intertwined in the trees... No thanks.

Eh the tires will absorb the electricity or something like that. You'll be fine

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
135 ambulances currently in the Brooklyn, New York area and more coming in by the hour.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
135 ambulances currently in the Brooklyn, New York area and more coming in by the hour.

They must not care that much...

I'm sitting at my station without anyone to work with because they didn't approve overtime for anyone to stay as my partner. (I'm extra personnel regularly)

They don't put extra people as a third which is a bit silly too considering they pay me for 8 hours I may as well help someone out.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
They must not care that much...

I'm sitting at my station without anyone to work with because they didn't approve overtime for anyone to stay as my partner. (I'm extra personnel regularly)

They don't put extra people as a third which is a bit silly too considering they pay me for 8 hours I may as well help someone out.

Who must not care? We have been sending out units left and right.

If someone (FDNY, SNF, Hospitals, other fire and ambulances) need something they get ahold of us. And within 5 minutes we have units heading out code 3 to where ever.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Who must not care? We have been sending out units left and right.

If someone (FDNY, SNF, Hospitals, other fire and ambulances) need something they get ahold of us. And within 5 minutes we have units heading out code 3 to where ever.

NYC bosses must not care.

They rather you guys come I suppose then pay their own lol.

Doesn't matter to me, I'm just bored.

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
Where would out-of-state EMTs go to get temporary reciprocity to help out in State-of-emergency areas?

(Depending on your State this advice may or may not work)

You should look to join a disaster response team and if your state does not sponsor one, look to join a National Disaster Medical System team (NDMS, usually just called a DMAT team) in your region.

A number of Gulf Coast states and Southeast Coast states have their own teams too.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
NYC bosses must not care.

They rather you guys come I suppose then pay their own lol.

Doesn't matter to me, I'm just bored.

Come down to the Floyd-Bennette Base. I could use someone to talk to haha. It gets boring checking in units.

Achilles

Forum Moron
So I guess the east coast has another storm coming next week?

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
So I guess the east coast has another storm coming next week?

atl_overview.gif

Not per NOAA.