Helicopter Stuff and Things

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The 407s area great if you don’t have to do anything to your patient at all during transport. Otherwise they are not great for HEMS. From what I have been hearing from crews, the EC130 is one of the better single engine ships for HEMS.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
The 407s area great if you don’t have to do anything to your patient at all during transport. Otherwise they are not great for HEMS. From what I have been hearing from crews, the EC130 is one of the better single engine ships for HEMS.
The 130 is just a beautiful helicopter in my opinion.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Screenshot_20200426-233242_Facebook.jpg

OP
OP
VFlutter

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Good looking BK, is your A/C stupid cold? The BK's seem to have a much better A/C compressor then the 145's.

The A/C is pretty good but still lacks in the summer humid heat. Will be like a rain forrest with all the condensation from the vents when on full blast.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Crazy. I recognized that. I grew up in Norwich. Back in the day, Backus wasn't much better than a critical access hospital.

Small world! It's now a Level III trauma center, and LIFE STAR 2 is based there. They're a pretty robust hospital now.

OP
OP
VFlutter

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
What half face piece respirator is that/how are the comm’s routed and working? We have had difficulties with our Dragers.

That is the Ops-Core LPPR . Microphone is pre-installed in the respirator and plugs directly into the helmet just like the boom mic. Works great, clear communication. Really like it so far, only downside is the p100 filter is proprietary but hasn't been an issue as they have been easily available. Might be able to make another style bayonet filter work.

SOTR_Mask_Mic_02__62563.1519996895.jpg

Here is another option from Tiger Performance that is NIOSH approved and uses commercially available filters

Last edited by a moderator: