first call of the day is...

ERDoc

Forum Asst. Chief
"SVT" was given 6 and 12 of Adenosine in the field which "converted" him to afib with RVR. Gurgling/agonal resps upon arrival. Tachy PEA, ACLS started/LUCAS applied, ECMO team called. CF ensues as ICU/ECMO team arrive and there is now more people in one room in the ER than in the rest of the hospital. I couldn't even see the pt from where I was standing but the guy made it to the ICU.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
"SVT" was given 6 and 12 of Adenosine in the field which "converted" him to afib with RVR. Gurgling/agonal resps upon arrival. Tachy PEA, ACLS started/LUCAS applied, ECMO team called. CF ensues as ICU/ECMO team arrive and there is now more people in one room in the ER than in the rest of the hospital. I couldn't even see the pt from where I was standing but the guy made it to the ICU.
Even the resus bay isn't big enough to hold (all the ER nurses -1 to float), nine thousand consultants, RT, x-ray, and STAT team. Then to make it worse, everyone has to try to get hands-on and TRY to help out and get 4 packs of 4x4 when all you wanted was one sponge and constantly bump into things/people and ask for various variations of report for the ninth time. /rant

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Ah it feels good to be able to post in here again, haven't had a shift in 2 months..

Simple BLS, 911 call for vomiting and nausea times 2 hours, believes he "ate something that disagreed with him"

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
78 yo m patient who's son found him just sitting on the floor of the laundry room at home, leaning against the washing machine....although the pt has a hx of some minor dementia, the son insisted he was more confused than normal (which was already hard to evaluate due to a language barrier)...oh and he was bleeding from one ear. No signs of trauma (medics surmised maybe he was digging out some earwax and cut himself with his nail?) so we just took him to the closest hospital..

ERDoc

Forum Asst. Chief
Bounce back from yesterday who needs a work note and zofran (didn't get his script from yesterday filled yet).

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Late stage ALS pt with respiratory distress

Scmedic08

Forum Probie
Called for "sick pt". N/v, headache, dizziness, sob. Wasn't advised by dispatch that we were requested by fire crews who were on scene for a natural gas leak in the house. The husband said was doing starting a remodel to the kitchen last night and apparently broke a gas line on accident and wasn't aware.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
36 y/o, CC of auditory hallucinations 2' to vaginal bleeding. Couldna made this up even if I wanted to.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
2 vehicle TC. Full sized truck with mind or damage and a minivan with major damage. 45+ minute extrication time. Bi-lat femur fractures, possible pelvis fracture, full thickness laceration to elbow. Flown to trauma center.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
92 yo male, who briefly got a little lost and disoriented..........after making a wrong turn while driving through a neighborhood and didn't recognize where he was...though he apparently made it back home just fine because that's where we picked him up from..

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
After a brief, three year hiatus of doing any emergency medical response, I decided to join the local Medical Reserve Corps and help out at a regatta.

First call, five minutes into the day, cardiac event with CPR in progress.

im-back.jpg

wilderness911

paramedic student
20 year old female with 10/10 abdominal pain. She walked to the truck and texted on her iPhone all the way to the hospital.

Another life saved.

Nice work! It's the calls like this we can look back on in our old age and know we really made a difference in someone's life. That definitely qualifies as a good save

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Single vehicle rollover into a telephone pole. Bystander pulled the pt. C collar only, no backboard mild back pain by the time we got to the hospital.

After we cleared the hospital ran another tc. Auto vs motorcycle (t bone). Severe damage to the bike and about 2 feet on intrusion on the passenger side per fire. Fire had everything done by the time we got there spent 5 minutes on scene load and go. My medic needle t'd the guy in the back.

So in the first two hours ran some pretty legit calls.

Giant81

Forum Lieutenant
Removed a sliver from my daughters hand. Was a bit rough, she's almost deathly afraid of needles, but made it through like a champ. A hello kitty band-aid later, and it was all hugs and snuggles before getting ready for school.