first call of the day is...

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
GSW. Canceled on scene.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
GSW. Canceled on scene.

I was upset you go that because we got sent to MO/52, then you got cancelled and we got cleared back to station... With 20 mins left in shift.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
DOA. Last seen alive the night before. Wife called 911 at 1300 when she got home. Rigor and lividity. We were just driving past the address when the 911 call came in.

CALEMT

I was upset you go that because we got sent to MO/52, then you got cancelled and we got cleared back to station... With 20 mins left in shift.

:)
Wait, you sure? This was yesterday 8/29... at 0530 in the morning.

First call today was rectal bleeding

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
:)
Wait, you sure? This was yesterday 8/29... at 0530 in the morning.

First call today was rectal bleeding
Yup, saturday morning. I'm 432 C Shift.

CALEMT

Yup, saturday morning. I'm 432 C Shift.

Haha I know that, but we got cancelled at like 0545. They didn't clear you guys in till 29 minutes before you got off? That sucks...

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Haha I know that, but we got cancelled at like 0545. They didn't clear you guys in till 29 minutes before you got off? That sucks...

Yeah, we usually don't get back until about 615 or so.

CALEMT

CALEMT

Started the day off with sepsis.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Started the day off with sepsis.
How is it working with the flight medic today?

Started off my day with a generalized seizure. Stopped seizing as soon as I drew up the meds to give IN as fire was attempting to get an IV in an actively seizing patient without much luck (not surprising)

CALEMT

How is it working with the flight medic today?

Started off my day with a generalized seizure. Stopped seizing as soon as I drew up the meds to give IN as fire was attempting to get an IV in an actively seizing patient without much luck (not surprising)

Ohhhh gotta love city fire. He's a cool dude, it helps that I can get along with most people.

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
First call of the day: cardiac arrest with esophageal varices. Witnessed arrest, asystole throughout and blue from the nipple line up. Fire had dropped a king tube and with every breath they sent a thick mist of blood spraying over their turnouts. Needless to say, that king tubes life was as short lived as the patient's.

CALEMT

First call of the day: cardiac arrest with esophageal varices. Witnessed arrest, asystole throughout and blue from the nipple line up. Fire had dropped a king tube and with every breath they sent a thick mist of blood spraying over their turnouts. Needless to say, that king tubes life was as short lived as the patient's.

Hope you didn't walk away thinking "damn that sucked, glad it wasn't me" cause apparently that mindset makes you cold and indifferent to some people. ;)

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Lower GI bleed. 45 mile transport to the hospital. Yaaay.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Patient took ~30 puffs of his albuterol inhaler in a couple hours since he "couldn't breathe."

Clear lung sounds, RA SpO2 99%, non obstructed and hypocarbic EtCO2 waveform with a RR of ~30. Tachycardic at 130, detoxing from alcohol, and hasn't slept for 3 days. Poor guy spent most of the transport asking me for Advair. Whew.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Monday, had a brand new partner on his first shift post being cleared off 3rd rider training. First call of the day was a 3 car traffic collision, patient in the middle car (got rear ended and pushed into the car in front), co neck and tailbone pain, so the medics pulled the guy out of the drivers seat, stood him up and *shudders* had us do a standing takedown onto a backboard. Non emergent BLS to the hospital.

Our next call was a full arrest, arrived on scene to find PD doing compressions, but while my partner pulled out the defibrillator pads and I got the BVM, the medics did a check for, and found, rigidity and lividity, last seen by family the night before so they called it. The kicker is we 're-responded to the address a few hours later for the wife who suffered a pretty bad anxiety attack (understandable IMO) but we were able to calm her down enough to prevent an ambulance ride.

All in all we had 3 transports out of 11 calls in a 24 hrs period (shift before had 2 calls all day)