first call of the day is...

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Syncopal episode probably secondary to an episode of SVT. Patient was very familiar with her condition and it self terminated prior to our arrival. I was pretty hopeful I'd get to use some adenosine. That's one of my favorite drugs to administer...

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Mine was an IFT to a facility with a working CT.
The whole day was busy but a double medic truck did all BLS. Never opened my ALS bag. (Which was fine by me)

Smitty213

Contributor of Tidbits
Jumped an ALS assist called in by one of the BLS IFT trucks in the city on scene at an MVA they rolled up on, crew couldn't be contacted to provide an update. Arrive on scene to a trauma code with entrapment.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
1st call of the day: medical aid, assisted living, pt with a CC of back pain 2' to blunt force trauma (got into a fight with another tenant). Pt states 8/10 lower thoracic/upper lumbar dorsal, 8/10 neck pain, v/s are 128/62 + 56 + 16 + 96%, Hx of (surprise-surprise) Schizoaffective d/o, HTN, COPD & stuff. Oh, back and neck pain you said ? On the board you go. Yes, the c-collar stays and the cannula as well. You're welcome, thanks for flying Firstmed Ambulance...

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Day started with discharges on the last shift but last call was awesome lol We get a call to a fast food joint for the county. On the way there I am already thinking what could have happened? A burn? Slip and fall? Well, we get there the pt is ambulatory, as per medic "possible UTI" as I am getting info from the medic, my partner comes be and tell me that the pt decided to leave. So I walked around the truck and see the pt crossing the street and as I tried to speak with her she tells me she is good. She walks across the street leans against a sign of a local business pull her pants down and takes a leak...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Self inflicted GSW to the head. Patient AOx4, GCS 15 and talking to us like nothing happened. Patient talked to us for the whole transport. No good IV access at all so I ended up going humeral IO. Once we got to the ED the doctor decided to RSI him and then place a central line (nurses couldn't get an IV either).

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Day started with discharges on the last shift but last call was awesome lol We get a call to a fast food joint for the county. On the way there I am already thinking what could have happened? A burn? Slip and fall? Well, we get there the pt is ambulatory, as per medic "possible UTI" as I am getting info from the medic, my partner comes be and tell me that the pt decided to leave. So I walked around the truck and see the pt crossing the street and as I tried to speak with her she tells me she is good. She walks across the street leans against a sign of a local business pull her pants down and takes a leak...

If the party left the area on a call like that, we won't even try and find them. Buh bye.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Self inflicted GSW to the head. Patient AOx4, GCS 15 and talking to us like nothing happened. Patient talked to us for the whole transport. No good IV access at all so I ended up going humeral IO. Once we got to the ED the doctor decided to RSI him and then place a central line (nurses couldn't get an IV either).
Thats crazy lol

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Thats crazy lol
We heard the call go out and we said "let's try to beat fire there. We figured it was just going to be a simple "yep, he's dead". Walked in and the guy said "Hey, my head hurts. Can I get some pain meds to help?"

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
We heard the call go out and we said "let's try to beat fire there. We figured it was just going to be a simple "yep, he's dead". Walked in and the guy said "Hey, my head hurts. Can I get some pain meds to help?"
That's nuts. What sort of firearm/caliber was used?

Sleepnheat

Forum Probie
Single vehicle MVA roll over that came to rest on the roof at +50. I was dispatched with fire. Arrived on scene and found the elderly male had already cut himself loose and was walking around. No pain/complaints. Refused transport.

Wear your seat-belts!

wtferick

Forum Captain
11 hours in and one finally drops. Vomiting and diarrhea Glad we are ETs or we would be holding the wall.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
11 hours in and one finally drops. Vomiting and diarrhea Glad we are ETs or we would be holding the wall.
11 hours? There is only so muxh youtube one can Take.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Weird lady with weird history having weird chest pain. Somewhat significant 12 lead findings, 90 minute transport to city. Yay nitro drips.

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Discharge that got cancelled due to pt not being remotely ready for transport,

OP
OP
titmouse

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Picked up a shift for a discharge LDT to Key West. Drove today.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Full arrest. 4 minute down time until we started compressions. Witnessed by family who thought it was a seizure so no bystander CPR. IVR initial rhythm. Then went into V-tach so we shocked him and he went back into IVR. During transport he went into V-tach and was shocked again. Got pulses back shortly after transfer to ED bed. Patient made it to ICU so far.