Things you would like to do to your rig but would never get away with

steveshurtleff

Forum Crew Member
First off, PLEASE don't take this thread seriously!

I'd love to mount loudspeakers on the side of the rig (especially if it's a helicopter) and start playing Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries on the way to a scene (or ER).

Yes, this was mentioned back in '08 in a thread about theme music.

Still, it would be funny...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Put a push bar on the front of the unit. If cars don't pull over just ram them and push them aside.

Long travel suspension. To make the ride alot smoother.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Spinney rims, a fold out bed for those one hour plus return trips after a drop off, and a built in coffee machine.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
A DVD player and xbox for long IFT trips.

A front seat that actually reclines and enough leg room for me to stretch out.

Laser cannon on the front to eliminate the drivers that don't "pull to the right for sirens and lights"

A heated/cooled compartment for my snacks.

Voice activated lights/vent control in the back.

A super soaker filled with versed or droperidol for psychs.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Taxi/limo tags instead of ambulance license plates, and a black/yellow checker pattern as a paint job. Super beefed up rear floods so that I can blind the tailgater that rides two feet off my bumper while I'm running hot through traffic.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
An ejection seat, passenger side, for the hysterical Aunt who insists on riding in and the partner who won't shut up!

OP
OP
S

steveshurtleff

Forum Crew Member
Thought of another one: How about Ben-Hur chariot-style rotating blades on the wheels?

nemedic

Forum Captain
Or the front license plate that flips up to reveal the rocket launcher. As well as a similar system in the back, but with nails, to deter lookieloos and crazy family tailgating you

Last edited by a moderator:

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
Did a few modifications to our trucks via, leg hangin out the side door with flashing red eyes in the rear windows for Halloween, Christmas lights and disco ball for New Years....oh, and the hawaiian theme was cool too. A crew bimped their fender so, I put a 2 foot bandaid over it, which didn't go real big with the guy who crashed into those orange barrels :excl: It's fun to work near a novelty store ^_^

The boss wouldn't let us have mounted guns so, we settled for festive. The trouble I've gotten in hasn't been bad but, it isn't something I'd suggest if ya work for prudes. Though I think the Sups may have liked it all, they made us remove the decor anyway. The most trouble I ever got into was when I tossed the fake leg to a 3rd ride newbie on an accident scene and he up-n-quit. Sissy!

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

I'd love to mount loudspeakers on the side of the rig (especially if it's a helicopter) and start playing Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries on the way to a scene (or ER).

Just have someone recite Vogon poetry over your loudspeaker...

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I'm glad someone knows of what I "speak." ;)

For that one ambulance that just won't ever cooperate: Launch it thusly:

NavyReleasingTaliban.jpg

Unfortunately, that could only be done once...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
I'd like to drive the older ones into the lake and watch them sink from the shore. :) "Sorry, can't respond to the call, trucks underwater. "

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Or another:

"Dispatch, please log us off 10-7 OD. Ending Mileage... BOOM!!!!...."

bombedcar.gif

"... won't matter."

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Let's see....

Intercom THAT WORKS.
Rear A/C and vent fan THAT WORK.
PA system THAT WORKS.
Link from radio to PA system so I can hear radio if I'm outside the unit, or make remote PA annoucments using my handheld radio as a mike..
Wait, I'm describing my LAST ambulance!

(Kid starts snooping, I'm a hundred yards off, so as he starts to open the door the ambulance says "Get your hands off me and step back!!").B)

OP
OP
S

steveshurtleff

Forum Crew Member
Intercom THAT WORKS.
Rear A/C and vent fan THAT WORK.
PA system THAT WORKS.
Link from radio to PA system so I can hear radio if I'm outside the unit, or make remote PA annoucments using my handheld radio as a mike..
Wait, I'm describing my LAST ambulance!

(Kid starts snooping, I'm a hundred yards off, so as he starts to open the door the ambulance says "Get your hands off me and step back!!").B)

Foul! Those would probably be acceptable changes/mods...:p

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
My old partner and I put in a long request for: spinners, Chrome everywhere, low rider tires, hydraulics to lift and lower the truck; Hi power Amp and Kicker's and Bass Tube: PA that would connect to the radio so we could hear outside. total price was over $6,000 (we had estimates)

When management stopped laughing and refused it all we turned in a request for a light bar; and got it the next day. they other shift on the truck without a light bar had been asking for one for 3 months with no luck; we got ours in 3 shifts.

Aerin-Sol

Forum Captain

I'd prefer Ludacris' Move B****, get out the way