Things you would like to do to your rig but would never get away with

dmc2007

Forum Captain

AndyK

Forum Crew Member
First off, PLEASE don't take this thread seriously!

I'd love to mount loudspeakers on the side of the rig (especially if it's a helicopter) and start playing Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries on the way to a scene (or ER).

Yes, this was mentioned back in '08 in a thread about theme music.

Still, it would be funny...

Wouldn't "Rescue Me" be more appropriate? :)

firecoins

IFT Puppet
2 words.....cup holders!

tssemt2010

Forum Lieutenant
i like the push bumper idea, i also am a huge fan of loud music so a nicer speaker system and indash dvd player for sitting at post would certainly be nice, i have actually discussed that option with my boss

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
2 words.....cup holders!

Make some...... Take 2 foam headbeds (if you have them) cut holes in them. Stick them together then stick them where ever you want. Also makes a really good HT holder

ShotMedic

Forum Crew Member
A Multi-lingual PA translator so when i say (Please) pull the right and stop i can pick which language i want it to be announced in...

JPINFV

Gadfly

Instant cup holder for the ambulances that don't have them...
masking_tape_Large.jpg

JPINFV

Gadfly
i like the push bumper idea, i also am a huge fan of loud music so a nicer speaker system and indash dvd player for sitting at post would certainly be nice, i have actually discussed that option with my boss

Invest in a set of these instead of destroying your partner's hearing. Personally, I have a strict "No loud music" rule on my ambulance. It's a safety rule, so it's not up to debate.
updated-sony-mdr-ex700lp-earbud-headphones.jpg

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
unless your with a medic, then its his/her ambulance...:p i am with you though, i usually have to turn down my emts music.

firecoins

IFT Puppet

ClaymoreCharlie

Forum Probie
How about one of those spring loaded, giant boxing gloves, mounted just to the side of the patient's head. For every stupid statement, request, or insult thrown my way, they get walloped...

TS2Fast50187

Forum Ride Along
Definately push bars on the front, Oh and how about a GPS system connected to dispatch to download a map to the location, because in out of the way locations, like farms and such, it's better than breaking out the Rand McNalley and guessing oh and maybe saving some time to the location. How about an upgrade on the new generation of rigs to the Ford 650 with the new engine, and larger space accomodations, esp when dealing with the larger patients. An air ride suspension for smoother ride on those crappy or unfinished roads and oh it automatically lowers down for easier entry and exit with patients. Wow I could go on and on about how to help better emergency services but the politics involved keep us from best equipment to do our jobs more efficently and effectively. Even with budget cuts and all this is something not to skimp on.

Bosco836

Forum Lieutenant
A DVD player and xbox for long IFT trips.

It looks like someone in Detroit, MI had a similar idea....See the attached picture and pay particular attention to the right side of the ambulance next to the door.

Attachments

• DVDPS2.jpg
    DVDPS2.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 616

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
It looks like someone in Detroit, MI had a similar idea....See the attached picture and pay particular attention to the right side of the ambulance next to the door.

They also have playstations on board

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
S

steveshurtleff

Forum Crew Member

I see it, but...ummm...why? It's an emergency vehicle, not an RV.