Things you would like to do to your rig but would never get away with

OP
OP
S

steveshurtleff

Forum Crew Member
How about a kickstand? You know like on a bycicle. I want one of those on my rescue.

Actually, I can picture that, and it would have humor value. So would an old-style engine crank hande on the front.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I see it, but...ummm...why? It's an emergency vehicle, not an RV.

Lol we actually have flip-down DVD players in our boxes, and we aren't even IFT :p The idea was to show informational videos to the patient while transporting to the hospital, like something on HIPPA Rights. The only time it ever gets used, though, is when we throw Lion King on for pedis :p

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
How about a large spatula mounted on the front of the truck? if the car won't get out of the way, flip him off the road. They will never, not move out of the way again.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I was thinking I'd like one of those square shaped flashers like on the back sides of the box, but mounted on the roof, pointing strait up. It would have it's own switch and you could turn it on when the air amb was looking for you.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I was thinking I'd like one of those square shaped flashers like on the back sides of the box, but mounted on the roof, pointing strait up. It would have it's own switch and you could turn it on when the air amb was looking for you.

Do you have a spotlight mounted on the A pillar? You could always just point that up.

Nickb

Forum Probie
Invest in a set of these instead of destroying your partner's hearing. Personally, I have a strict "No loud music" rule on my ambulance. It's a safety rule, so it's not up to debate.
updated-sony-mdr-ex700lp-earbud-headphones.jpg

I don't allow music at all unless the pt request it. I like to hear what the rig/ motor are doing. And our rig have DVD players in the dash I love were I work they rake care of us.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Just thinking again.....

You know those lights that were popular back a while that sort of randomly bounce around inside the housing? It sort of wobbles more than having any set pattern? Well, how about one of those mounted on the front of the rig, but with a visible laser that projects a beam maybe 500 feet long. It work wonders at those blind intersections where people always pull out in front of you. This way, people on cross streets would see this red beam bouncing around in the air long before you got to the intersection. How cool would that be?

Of course it'll take some kind of eye safe laser that has yet to he developed I am sure, but when they finally do develop that, I'd really like to see one mounted like I described.

OP
OP
S

steveshurtleff

Forum Crew Member
Just thinking again.....

You know those lights that were popular back a while that sort of randomly bounce around inside the housing? It sort of wobbles more than having any set pattern? Well, how about one of those mounted on the front of the rig, but with a visible laser that projects a beam maybe 500 feet long. It work wonders at those blind intersections where people always pull out in front of you. This way, people on cross streets would see this red beam bouncing around in the air long before you got to the intersection. How cool would that be?

Of course it'll take some kind of eye safe laser that has yet to he developed I am sure, but when they finally do develop that, I'd really like to see one mounted like I described.

Easy. Now that Pink Floyd is no more, find a way to mount the laser and light display from the PULSE tour on the outside of the rig. If that doesn't get attention, nothing will.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief

Nope, should be doable now. Light show lasers are generally eyesafe past a certain distance because of beam dispersion, and this would be a similar setup. Having lights that were easily visible at intersections before you arrive at the intersection seems like a great idea to let people know you're coming.

ArcticKat

Forum Captain
I wanna do this to my type II

http://www.mattracks.com/html/customer_photo_slide_show_25.htm

Now, to some of the other posts.

Patient Compartment:
AM/FM Radio
DVD Player
Game Console
MP3 Player through speakers
Cup Holders

Driver Compartment:
Sirius Satellite Radio
AM/FM Radio
GPS
MP3 Audio/Video input
USB Audio/Video input
SD Card Audio/Video Input
DVD Player
FLIR
Patient Cam
Rear View Cam
Blind Spot Cams
Cup Holders

Hmm, That's all stuff I've already got...I dunno what I can add? I suppose if the power inverter could handle a microwave we'd have that too. :) [/brag]

Here's a link to cup holders like mine....
http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_details.php?id=3044

These are multirole IFT and 911 units with 2 hour + transport times.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best