the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Then send it into the news station and be like local PD wouldn't hand it or even come out. So I handled it, find out why the local PD sucks donkey balls at 6pm.

That'd go over beautifully for interdepartmental relations lol.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
That'd go over beautifully for interdepartmental relations lol.

I just now thought of this Robb but have you tried talking to a Sargent or watch commander?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
When the ambulance crew you intercept with is unable to operate their cot and pulls it out like an old school two man deal...

Sheesh.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
if you have seen this tread.. http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=39312 you realized I never did the "podcast" thing since I never really knew how..

Now I'm a addict. I have a few EMS ones that were suggested here, plus some music ones. People reviewing gear, and such.

I think I listen to more podcasts at work now than I do TV watching or anything else..

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I thought them things belonged in a museum somewhere..

This was just you average Ferno X frame cot. They just chose to operate it like they haven't changed anything since the 1970s, which given the agency, may be true. I appreciate their efforts to serve their community and am happy that they at least get their patients closer to us, but they don't do much for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rin

Forum Captain
Standard equipment at my company :/ Is everyone else rockin' the power cots these days? :: jealous::

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Standard equipment at my company :/ Is everyone else rockin' the power cots these days? :: jealous::

Our company has been slowly changing out manual gurneys for the power pros for a couple of years now. Other companies/divisions in the area only have the power pros

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader

That's how I started and we're only 50/50 where I am now. Still, they're a vast improvement over the two man cots of old as I am now aware.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Working a code yesterday:

Panicked Fire Officer (PFO) to Young Teenage Member: RUN TO THE TRUCK! I NEED XL GLOVES!!!

Me: Please stop running. This is amping everyone up and freaking the family out. We're good in here.

PFO: KEEP RUNNING! THIS MAN IS DEAD!!

Me: ...And appears to be staying that way. You are aware we pronounced this patient and are just sending someone out to the truck to grab paperwork right?

Eh, what can I say? I really did appreciate their help on this one to be honest. I was responding single medic and first on scene, so I would have been quite lonely if they hadn't chosen to show up. I also had the good fortune of having an off duty medic with our system show up soon after with his volunteer company, so it really went as well as it could all things considered.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

The only manual gurney we have is the bariateic gurney and a couple old Strykers we use for training, everything else is power.

Word on the street is all 42 ambulances are getting the power load system too.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.

Panicked Fire Officer (PFO) to Young Teenage Member: RUN TO THE TRUCK! I NEED XL GLOVES!!!

Me: Please stop running. This is amping everyone up and freaking the family out. We're good in here.

Me: ...And appears to be staying that way. You are aware we pronounced this patient and are just sending someone out to the truck to grab paperwork right?

Eh, what can I say? I really did appreciate their help on this one to be honest. I was responding single medic and first on scene, so I would have been quite lonely if they hadn't chosen to show up. I also had the good fortune of having an off duty medic with our system show up soon after with his volunteer company, so it really went as well as it could all things considered.

I heard that. Everyone in the system ran a code yesterday...except 108.
sky_034.jpg

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
The only manual gurney we have is the bariateic gurney and a couple old Strykers we use for training, everything else is power.

Word on the street is all 42 ambulances are getting the power load system too.

Oh god, we JUST got a bariatric gurney last month... They send that unit out 2 man to run normal calls with it... That thing is killer on your back 2 manning it.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Dude what an ******. Sounds like it went well though.

I think it'd be so cool to work in your guys' system.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yeah. I'm halfway through another class. :)

And Robb, you'd be bored. Seriously.

Dude I already am bored lol. I'm gonna be the king of wasting time doing nothing when this is all over.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Stroke alert for our first call. Unstable SVT refractory to vagal, adenosine, and synchronized cardioversion.

Followed by a TC where the gas station owner thought it would be a good idea to come out of the station and literally yell at us for blocking his driveway (which we weren't blocking). That didn't go over so well. Best part was hearing the fire BC tell the guy to shut up and go back inside before he gets arrested for obstructing an emergency scene.