the 100% directionless thread

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
Man, I'm exhausted.

3 calls in 72 hours.

It's no wonder people burn out in this profession.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Thats a badass place. What's the pay like?

No idea. But if it's even close to what I'm making here in NM, it'll be worth it. No state tax

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
No idea. But if it's even close to what I'm making here in NM, it'll be worth it. No state tax

Ya I couldn't find it anywhere
But it seems like an awesome place. They have there medics work that's for sure. If they aren't on a box they'll have them work in the hospital and do cardiac rehab, have them do stress tests, community paramedicine, etc.. the protocol are stellar. Can also start central lines, want to implement US for FAST exams. The lists go on lol

Last edited by a moderator:

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Ya I couldn't find it anywhere
But it seems like an awesome place. They have there medics work that's for sure. If they aren't on a box they'll have them work in the hospital and do cardiac rehab, have them do stress tests, community paramedicine, etc.. the protocol are stellar. Can also start central lines, want to implement US for FAST exams. The lists go on lol

Where is this?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Humboldt County, Nevada.

I've never heard of them starting central lines and I know more than a handful of them and see them, well used to before I got hurt, quite often at the trauma center.

They do have a huge scope though and the pay isn't bad. I couldn't get you a number but I believe it is more than what I make and I make good money as a baby medic.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Now y'all are interested in the greatest state in the Union! ;)

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

If only my wife didn't have such a need to be near family, I'd love to move around and try out places like that! :glare: The only exception she's made to allowing us to move away from the area is if I get accepted into med school, or maybe PA school. :sad:

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Humboldt County, Nevada.

I've never heard of them starting central lines and I know more than a handful of them and see them, well used to before I got hurt, quite often at the trauma center.

They do have a huge scope though and the pay isn't bad. I couldn't get you a number but I believe it is more than what I make and I make good money as a baby medic.

Na NV sucks! Lol jk..maybe I shouldn't have said all that. Now talk about being more competition!

Ya its in there scope with medical direction along with something else pretty interesting. Read up guys, research.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Na NV sucks! Lol jk..maybe I shouldn't have said all that. Now talk about being more competition!

Ya its in there scope with medical direction along with something else pretty interesting. Read up guys, research.

I've seen their protocols, hell I have a copy of them. Didn't see anything about CVCs but I could've missed it.

They do a lot of random :censored::censored::censored::censored: out there, they rarely fly anyone because their medics have a wider scope than our flight medics.

Their protocols are more guidelines than anything.

I might be joining you out there when I come back to work. We'll see.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Like i said, I have applications in Texas, yes.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
I've seen their protocols, hell I have a copy of them. Didn't see anything about CVCs but I could've missed it.

They do a lot of random :censored::censored::censored::censored: out there, they rarely fly anyone because their medics have a wider scope than our flight medics.

Their protocols are more guidelines than anything.

I might be joining you out there when I come back to work. We'll see.

http://mobile.emsworld.com/article/10320260/rural-ems

Here you guys go. There actual protocol are on the PPP app.

Chest tubes is the other thing they can do. Crazy

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'm not saying they don't have a big scope...just saying I've never actually heard of either being placed in the field.

I could ask my friend and a medic I've worked with and learned a lot from who's the EMS captain out there for hard numbers if you'd like.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Meh whatever.

Rescue 4 is obnoxiously big. You could have a freaking 15 person dance party all the way home back there.

At least their rigs don't break down all the time like Banner's. When I was interviewing at BC they affectionately referred to their two medium duties as "the 250k $ paperweight".

:lol:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Slowly easing back into the long run with a late-night, easy 10. Hopefully I can manage to control my pace this time...

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Well, Firebird was diagnosed today. Head gaskets blown. Writing it off.

Test drove an '03 Miata... That little sucker is fun! I felt so odd in it, but damn, the sale guy said "you ain't even test driving, there's some twisties if you follow this right for a bit"
Turned right. That sucker is glued to the road. Rear end never kicked out at speeds way faster for that road than I should've.

Then went to apply for the loan... Said I'd need 25% (1,700). Which I am all of $200 short on... Wouldn't work on the price with me at all. Really, now? <_<