the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Anyone know anything about EMS at Lake Mead?

Looking into a job possibility, trying to get feedback.

Is there a contracted agency down there or is it State/National Parks?

Clark County is different from the rest of NV. You need a Clark county paramedic card which requires you to take the protocol test if I'm not mistaken. I believe you have to have your NREMT as well for initial certification not sure about renewals or if they do reciprocity without it.

I'm not sure if you have to have an NV card as well but even if you do it's dirt cheap and easy to get.

NV OEMS

http://health.nv.gov/EMS_Forms.htm

Clark County

http://www.snhd.info/ems/index.php

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Well... Not the water pump. Interesting development today.
Left hand sharp turns- car stalls out and dies. Left hand banks- car stalls but catches itself and corrects it... I'm lost.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Well... Not the water pump. Interesting development today.
Left hand sharp turns- car stalls out and dies. Left hand banks- car stalls but catches itself and corrects it... I'm lost.

hmmm. that's a weird one. almost sounds like an oiling issue...

In other news, unless the PD here does something quickly I'm going to end up without a job for beating the living piss out of the guy that keeps coming on my property and disconnecting my truck. Two days ago he took it further and cut the duct tape window off my roommate's truck and went through it.

They won't even come out to the house. Watch it be a patient who's disgruntled and someone gets hurt. If :censored::censored::censored::censored: goes bad here I'm going to bring the PD down with me.

Seriously one thing after a-:censored::censored::censored::censored:ing-nother. Pretty sure the relationship that I thought was going to be the one is going to crash and burn, been out 4 months, can't get into surgery until mid April then it's another 6-7 months after that, agency won't even let me volunteer my time to our paramedic school for lab days, didn't give me dispatch, passed me up for some obesely fat :censored::censored::censored::censored:er that fits their weight requirements better, who's a very capable field medic and we're critically short on qualified field medics right now...yea how the :censored::censored::censored::censored: does that make sense? Then to top it all off this :censored::censored::censored::censored:er keeps trespassing and PD refuses to send someone out because "you didn't catch him in the act" no :censored::censored::censored::censored: lady I'm :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing disabled I'm not going to chase him down and get into a wrestling match with him with a destroyed back and shoulder. Has what he's done caused any damage? No, not yet. But he's just grabbing the extension cord and yanking it out of the truck and that's eventually going to destroy the block heater cord. It puts a lot of extra load on the batteries that I just replaced and that wasn't cheap, as well as the goo plugs, FICM...everything. There's a reason I'm a stickler for plugging it in every single night.

Seriously, I wonder what it's going to take to get them to take this seriously. I'm a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing off duty paramedic, I don't call 911 for no :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing reason lady.

:censored::censored::censored::censored:!

The shotgun is coming out of the safe and going by the front door. This kid is getting proned out felony stop style at gunpoint when I catch him, and I'm going to tell the dispatcher that when I call.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
hmmm. that's a weird one. almost sounds like an oiling issue...

In other news, unless the PD here does something quickly I'm going to end up without a job for beating the living piss out of the guy that keeps coming on my property and disconnecting my truck. Two days ago he took it further and cut the duct tape window off my roommate's truck and went through it.

They won't even come out to the house. Watch it be a patient who's disgruntled and someone gets hurt. If :censored::censored::censored::censored: goes bad here I'm going to bring the PD down with me.

Seriously one thing after a-:censored::censored::censored::censored:ing-nother. Pretty sure the relationship that I thought was going to be the one is going to crash and burn, been out 4 months, can't get into surgery until mid April then it's another 6-7 months after that, agency won't even let me volunteer my time to our paramedic school for lab days, didn't give me dispatch, passed me up for some obesely fat :censored::censored::censored::censored:er that fits their weight requirements better, who's a very capable field medic and we're critically short on qualified field medics right now...yea how the :censored::censored::censored::censored: does that make sense? Then to top it all off this :censored::censored::censored::censored:er keeps trespassing and PD refuses to send someone out because "you didn't catch him in the act" no :censored::censored::censored::censored: lady I'm :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing disabled I'm not going to chase him down and get into a wrestling match with him with a destroyed back and shoulder. Has what he's done caused any damage? No, not yet. But he's just grabbing the extension cord and yanking it out of the truck and that's eventually going to destroy the block heater cord. It puts a lot of extra load on the batteries that I just replaced and that wasn't cheap, as well as the goo plugs, FICM...everything. There's a reason I'm a stickler for plugging it in every single night.

Seriously, I wonder what it's going to take to get them to take this seriously. I'm a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing off duty paramedic, I don't call 911 for no :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing reason lady.

:censored::censored::censored::censored:!

The shotgun is coming out of the safe and going by the front door. This kid is getting proned out felony stop style at gunpoint when I catch him, and I'm going to tell the dispatcher that when I call.

Damn Robb that sucks man, my diesel doesn't have a block heater, just the grid heater haha (So CAL for ya). As far as felony stop style with a shotgun you would have the whole police department, CHP, helicopters and the SWAT team responding if you told them you have someone at gun point, then you probably would be detained and have a billion background checks done on you. Southern California is funny about dirtbags trespassing on your property and doing mischievous things. But if anyone deserves an *** beating, it sounds like this dude.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
A new uniform suggestion...

pussification.jpg

smh. If you can't do the job, stay home.

Anjel

Forum Angel
A new uniform suggestion...

pussification.jpg

smh. If you can't do the job, stay home.

That would of been awesome when I fell last week and slid underneath the stretcher. Lol

My partner even drew a picture to remember the incident.

ze6ahyva.jpg

Anjel

Forum Angel

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Not that this needs to be said, but if the local SWAT team asks if you "want to standby" at their tryouts, you should say yes. They may need you to dispose of their leftover ammunition.

CALEMT

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Ah, the joys of posting, my laptop battery died with just 10 minutes left on the season finale

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Got the motion detector app set, the speakers set, gonna catch this little :censored::censored::censored::censored:head that keeps messing with my truck.

qebamu7e.jpg

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Got the motion detector app set, the speakers set, gonna catch this little :censored::censored::censored::censored:head that keeps messing with my truck.

qebamu7e.jpg

This is what happens when we leave your temporarily broken self at home with nothing else going on. Devious minds need some kind of outlet!

Jk, sounds like a good idea. Hope you catch him and have him hogtied by the time PD arrives.

CALEMT

qebamu7e.jpg

Can it record video so we can see the "felony stop style" by Robb with a shotgun?

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
So, I'm gonna go on a little vacation next week. I get off at 0800h on Monday in Santa Fe, NM, then will pick a direction and start riding.

I'm thinking Jaurez, Denver or maybe Vegas, anyone have any suggestions for must do things in any of those places? Or a suggestion for someplace better?

EDIT: I should mention I Have to be back in Santa Fe by 0800h Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
It records beautiful video ;)

Then send it into the news station and be like local PD wouldn't hand it or even come out. So I handled it, find out why the local PD sucks donkey balls at 6pm.