the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I went to the garage today to spray off my truck. Can't really scrub it but the power washer from our sweet ambulance wash does all sorts of stuff so I don't really have to scrub it to get it clean.

Made me realize how badly I miss the streets. Even with as unhappy with my agency as I have been.

Spent like an hour and a half hanging out with my old partner while he polished our old rig because his current partner called in sick.

Stroke alert for our first call. Unstable SVT refractory to vagal, adenosine, and synchronized cardioversion.

Followed by a TC where the gas station owner thought it would be a good idea to come out of the station and literally yell at us for blocking his driveway (which we weren't blocking). That didn't go over so well. Best part was hearing the fire BC tell the guy to shut up and go back inside before he gets arrested for obstructing an emergency scene.

Why not yell at the people that caused the TC that's blocking his driveway? Ya know...the problem rather than the solution. People are ridiculous.

RSI almost went bad. Where is that damn VL when I need it?

I hope you being extra underwear with you to work!

Bougie?? I wants to hear more!

Last edited by a moderator:

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I hope you being extra underwear with you to work!

Bougie?? I wants to hear more!

I just heard a relieved voice tell the hospital over the radio that they had a successful RSI. All's well that ends well I guess!

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
So... Blew the motor in the firebird today... Good times...

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I just heard a relieved voice tell the hospital over the radio that they had a successful RSI. All's well that ends well I guess!

Yeah... The bougie got it. I was caught by the airway that looked easy from the outside, but then... was not. By the time I had the blade in, I was like, "Oh no. What I have I gotten myself into here..." :sad:

Prolonged seizure and airway looked like hamburger. And, his anatomy not where it was supposed to be. During DL, just a glimpse of the glottic opening, slipped in the bougie, pretty sure I got it, but pulled it cuz I wasn't sure. I didn't feel any tracheal rings. My supervisor was breathing down my neck, so I let him have a shot at it, third attempt was the charm. But, I was sweating and I had the combi tube out and ready to go. He said, "I think you had it the first time around... his airway was a mess..."

My partner was a single medic and I was still at least 10 minutes away when she got on scene and called a Priority 1. Yeah... It was bad news from the beginning.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Just sent an application to one of the most rural services I could find.. it's in NV. that makes three states that I have applications in with

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Just sent an application to one of the most rural services I could find.. it's in NV. that makes three states that I have applications in with

Oh :censored::censored::censored::censored: this guy!?

BM?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Oh Battle Mountain is hiring too.

Good luck dude!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Stroke alert for our first call. Unstable SVT refractory to vagal, adenosine, and synchronized cardioversion.

Followed by a TC where the gas station owner thought it would be a good idea to come out of the station and literally yell at us for blocking his driveway (which we weren't blocking). That didn't go over so well. Best part was hearing the fire BC tell the guy to shut up and go back inside before he gets arrested for obstructing an emergency scene.

Oh, I know that shell station owner haha. Our day was pretty easy. Had some dude with a gnarly infection that refused any treatments, HR in the 180's, fever of 104, and he was barely able to talk.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Oh, I know that shell station owner haha. Our day was pretty easy. Had some dude with a gnarly infection that refused any treatments, HR in the 180's, fever of 104, and he was barely able to talk.

35s area. NE corner of Ramon and Varner?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I do. I'm on tonight.
a7ymygyq.jpg