the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
***I'm attempting to get the GoPro video on a hosting site so I can post it here for all your viewing pleasure.***

The results are in. Ortho thinks I either had a subluxation or a complete dislocation of my left shoulder which I reduced somehow in the course of the aftermath.

I'm out with zero use of the arm until January third then I go back for another appointment. Still having pain, catching/clicking and reduced ROM it's MRI time then surgery. If it improves drastically it's PT time and he said "limited duty" which I'm assuming means I will still be on disability until he approves "full duty". I tried to explain that there was no such thing as limited duty for paramedics unless it occurred OTJ and I can be bumped to an office spot. His reply was "why don't they give you an extra EMT and you can just do the thinking and they can do the lifting."

Made me :lol: then :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Today was the easiest friday the 13th ever. No transports, 2 cancelled on scene by fire. No AMA's. Spent the last half of my day at the fire station hanging out as well!

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Probably not too much of a danger of that happening with that kind of acidosis. Nothing sustained at least.

Thanks to a few amps of Bicarb, Levo @ 200mcg, and some high quality compressions (By yours truly), we got ROSC.....And lost it 5 mins later.

Wah! Is the 7.03 because of the arrest or is the arrest because of the 7.03?

Respiratory arrest into a PEA arrest. ABGs drawn a few minutes after being intubated, while still had a pulse, a couple minutes before arresting.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Someone should write a book titled, "The Hospital Doesn't Read PCRs" and Other Lies My FTO/Instructor Told Me.

MrJones

Iconoclast
I almost called my ophthalmologist about the white spots in front of my eyes.

Well played, EMTLife, well played.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Someone should write a book titled, "The Hospital Doesn't Read PCRs" and Other Lies My FTO/Instructor Told Me.

If you show up at the hospitals here without a trip ticket (brief narrative, vitals, sample, and an interventions), the nurses lose their minds half the time. Which is bad because my agency doesn't do that right now.

Glucatron

Forum Crew Member
That event is going to make some waves for a while and I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that this is painted as some sort of "mass shooting" event. Just remember that normally mass shootings are considered to be where >4 people are killed. Only one has died (so far) and that's the shooter. I would be shocked if the shooter wasn't taking anti-depressants and if this was a spur of the moment idea.

It would surprise me, too.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I didn't even notice them until you guys said something... I am now having fun with making them follow the cursor (hey... I have the attention span of a toddler. This will be fun for a few moments).

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Our ePCRs are attached to the chart and stay there until discharge...I've had transfers and discharges with my or my coworker's ePCR in them before. I usually read them. I know the ERPs read them too.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Ugh, stomach flu. :[

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Decided to pick up a BLS shift tonight. First patient of the night is a combative 5150. This could turn out to be a really long night.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Decided to pick up a BLS shift tonight. First patient of the night is a combative 5150. This could turn out to be a really long night.

Bad choice!

Oh and be careful, in the past month, BLS has been crashing units left and right!

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
I decided it would be a great idea to grind some rocks into my forearm earlier when I took a tumble from my bike.

Usually when I have a small cut or something I'll throw a tegaderm over it while I'm working to keep nasties out, but the majority of the medial aspect of my forearm is abraded. What would you guys use to help keep an area that large pathogen resistant?

Anjel

Forum Angel
I decided it would be a great idea to grind some rocks into my forearm earlier when I took a tumble from my bike.

Usually when I have a small cut or something I'll throw a tegaderm over it while I'm working to keep nasties out, but the majority of the medial aspect of my forearm is abraded. What would you guys use to help keep an area that large pathogen resistant?

Saran Wrap? Although that would provide a playground for any bacteria already on your arm.

That sucks buddy.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
so I decide to make the attempt to make it to work last night, left an hour early to find out it was gonna take me nearly 2 hours to make it there. I got there 15 minutes late in the worst snow storm of the year to get suspended for being late.

And its a big fight right now I refused to sign my write up, if it was warm and sunny out and I was 15 minutes late cause I was lazy Ok. but in white out conditions be happy I wasn't like everyone else who just calls off.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Some triple antibiotic, 4x4s and Coban.

I have 4x4s, neosporin and kerlix on now.

The issue I see with this is that coban is porous and the 4x4s are absorptive. I've got a couple days before I go back to let it all scab over, do you think that and the dressing will be enough of a barrier?

I like the saran wrap idea...