the 100% directionless thread

First medical patient I've flown out in a long time. Three fly outs in three tours. Yep I'm in a rural area. This was a stroke patient that was flown.
zeparu6y.jpg

Nice, we fly out patients on a daily basis in the high desert. I invested in ear plugs as a result of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Nice, we fly out patients on a daily basis in the high desert. I invested in ear plugs.

We don't haha. In the 2+ years I've been at my area I have only flown one.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Nice, we fly out patients on a daily basis in the high desert. I invested in ear plugs.

I need to start tossing the ones in my shooting bag into my gear bag for work. Usually I can ground transport them in but I have no facilities in my county at all. And I'm the station farthest from the hospital.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Just curious, why didn't you guys sit *in* the rig when they took off?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Just curious, why didn't you guys sit *in* the rig when they took off?

I'm a photog nerd and wanted to take pictures. The two huddled by my unit walked to the LZ lol. We landed in a field right next to their station.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
First medical patient I've flown out in a long time. Three fly outs in three tours. Yep I'm in a rural area. This was a stroke patient that was flown.
zeparu6y.jpg

I like that paint scheme a lot better than the old one.

I've got a couple pairs of disposable ones in my MVA vest. Haven't had to fly anyone in a long time though. Unfortunately one of the main helo pads is on the ground next to the ambulance bay at the trauma center so we're around them taking off and landing constantly when we're there.

Last edited by a moderator:

MissK

Forum Crew Member
Totally not looking forward to my 72 this weekend. We have 3 units that stay pretty busy to cover our county that has a population of about 11,000. This weekend we're expecting 40,000-50,000 bikers for a bike rally. We're adding 2 extra units... but still. We've been told that at last year's rally there were numerous homicides and over 150 wrecks. At least I'll get plenty of trauma experience from it?

JPINFV

Gadfly
I don't know who made this at the hospital, but I like them already.

999842_10101905379790481_1219833119_n.jpg

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
So I found out today that the person taking my fulltime shift has "years of high acuity 911 experience." This person was also in my orientation class. So if I don't have the experience to work the 911 contract (which is crap to begin with), why wouldn't they have just sent this person to work the contract immediately like they did with me?

I also contacted a few other members of management to ensure that my patient care was not an issue. Instead of getting a reply from them the boss emails me and tells me that I am not discuss my removal with anyone but him. He also told me he spoke to numerous staff and fire crews in the contract district before making his decision, so far no one I have talked (and it's a small district) has been anything but surprised by his decision.

I just don't know how to deal with this. I can't handle being lied to, nor can I handle being preemptively replaced. And I certainly can't go work in the other system that is over an hour for me, especially since there is no way that I will be able to get better at my job working on a transfer unit that does four calls a day.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
So I found out today that the person taking my fulltime shift has "years of high acuity 911 experience." This person was also in my orientation class. So if I don't have the experience to work the 911 contract (which is crap to begin with), why wouldn't they have just sent this person to work the contract immediately like they did with me?

I also contacted a few other members of management to ensure that my patient care was not an issue. Instead of getting a reply from them the boss emails me and tells me that I am not discuss my removal with anyone but him. He also told me he spoke to numerous staff and fire crews in the contract district before making his decision, so far no one I have talked (and it's a small district) has been anything but surprised by his decision.

I just don't know how to deal with this. I can't handle being lied to, nor can I handle being preemptively replaced. And I certainly can't go work in the other system that is over an hour for me, especially since there is no way that I will be able to get better at my job working on a transfer unit that does four calls a day.

That's really sketchy. I can't understand why management would give you the runaround like that. Something is up.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
You could just do what he does...

office-space-stapler1.jpg

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
...the boss emails me and tells me that I am not discuss my removal with anyone but him.

I like this because it begs the question: or what? Is he going to fire you? It sounds like nepotism pure and simple, but no one has the gumption to actually to come out and say it to you. You're being railroaded, and the boss wants to act like he has some sore of power.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Well lets see, Yesterday a patients husband, who wasnt even on scene, called and complained cause she didnt get pain meds.

Today, a police officer in a city over 3 hours away from ours, somehow found our dispatch number in under 2 minutes and complained that our rear scene lights were on. Also "blinding people" while it was still day light.

A local firefighter came in right before our shift started to thank us for saving his life a few weeks back.

Anyone want to guess which one the company cares about?