the 100% directionless thread

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
When I was at the fire department someone told me all gates are accessible with enough diesel...:blink:

Our fire department sticks to life before property... We've taken trucks through chain link fences, and even a low brick wall on calls for working fires with entrapment.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
When I was at the fire department someone told me all gates are accessible with enough diesel...:blink:

We did that once, drive through a metal security gate to get into the residence on the other side. Ok it was a relatively flimsy metal gate. Because it was in Iraq, and I was in the turret of an M1151 up armored HMMWV and the house belonged to an Iraqi insurgent who I don't quite think was as happy to see us at 1am than the local FD responding to a fire lol

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Our fire department sticks to life before property... We've taken trucks through chain link fences, and even a low brick wall on calls for working fires with entrapment.

Our supervisors, boss, and mechanic would have a heart attack if we did that.

Well on second thought not our mechanic. He would just ask us if it was really fun.

Epi-do

I see dead people
I refuse to believe those clouds around me are getting darker.

At a service that is rather slow (2-3 runs/truck/24 hr shift), we flew out another one after he connected with 2 trees and then rolled 3-4 times. A few hours later, we picked up the guy who decided swallowing 2 grams of meth was the best thing to do to avoid going back to jail.

And this was after the open book pelvis fracture, flying out another MVC patient, and the exploding tire run from the other day.

At what point do I have to admit it?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We are covering for another area due to low staffing. Our ambulance doesn't have a MDT/CAD, we can't understand anything dispatch is saying, and our pagers keep getting scrambled pages.

Only 5 more hours to go.

Yeah. They keep calling for mutual aid.

They sent us down to Redlands from the high desert twice last week. I volunteered since I live down there and I know people hate going there because they don't know where they are or how to get around places. I didn't know PS did the same thing, since it's out of county.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
They sent us down to Redlands from the high desert twice last week. I volunteered since I live down there and I know people hate going there because they don't know where they are or how to get around places. I didn't know PS did the same thing, since it's out of county.

Talking to the fire crew I guess it's been happening a lot.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
We are covering for another area due to low staffing. Our ambulance doesn't have a MDT/CAD, we can't understand anything dispatch is saying, and our pagers keep getting scrambled pages.

Only 5 more hours to go.

Tell them to bring us out there!

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
One day I'll learn that over 100 isn't a time to run... It always sounds like such a good idea initially...

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Another code today. Pushed all meds and ran the code for a while until the CCP arrived. Also got to help float an IJ pacer wire. Fun times