the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
Get out of the wheelchair.

Its the driver seat. It was an employee that died.

Quit flipping the power switch...duh.

Dude it is getting weird. During a call the lift broke. I had to manually pump the lift and 300 pound lady to the ground while she was flailing around.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
He established the first large bore before calling report.

Absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for.

I'm on an ALS truck running stretcher calls

I did not notice much difference in pain between getting a 16 and a 20 in my own arm, if anything the 16 was done quicker. I also found it easier to use larger gauge catheters (18) when learning to start IVs since they tend to bend around less.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Its the driver seat. It was an employee that died.

Dude it is getting weird. During a call the lift broke. I had to manually pump the lift and 300 pound lady to the ground while she was flailing around.

Maybe it's the van version of The Grudge house. Now a creepy black haired lady is going to kill you.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I did not notice much difference in pain between getting a 16 and a 20 in my own arm, if anything the 16 was done quicker. I also found it easier to use larger gauge catheters (18) when learning to start IVs since they tend to bend around less.

18s tend to be our default go to size around here. I prefer them over 20s due to the less bendy bit.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Maybe it's the van version of The Grudge house. Now a creepy black haired lady is going to kill you.

I wouldnt doubt it.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Dispatch: 123 you are responding priority 1. Caller states he is having a grand mal seizure.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Oh, you're a student with plenty of loans and never been late on the credit card you've had for 8 years? Sorry, you'll need a cosigner for the apartment because you have no real credit history.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
really. i had a full time job and same thing with student and didn't need a co sign

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
He established the first large bore before calling report.

Absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for.

I'm on an ALS truck running stretcher calls

Get off your high horse?

A) the charge nurse ordered the second line, I wasn't going to start it until he asked me too.

B) My partner started the first 16. Also Large bore lines aren't as easy as you think to start. When you really need one you need it so you better be good at it. Practice makes perfect and I'm not going to practice on grandma who fell out of her wheelchair but blacked out ETOH man who cant feel a thing? Heck yea I'll practice and I know for a fact that I'm not the only one on here that does it or has done it.

C) He's complaining of a reported fall of 30+ feet to pavement causing +LOC abdominal pain, flank pain and head/neck/back pain, he's going to CT and getting contrast dye, If I had anything smaller than an 18 and lower than the forearm they are going to :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: at me because they want high and big for contrast dye.

When you deal with dumbass drunks multiple times a night let me know if you're still full of sunshine and flowers.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
hey i just met you and this is crazy but i fight for your country support me maybe?

gotta love being the military and in the field

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Get off your high horse?

A) the charge nurse ordered the second line, I wasn't going to start it until he asked me too.

B) My partner started the first 16. Also Large bore lines aren't as easy as you think to start. When you really need one you need it so you better be good at it. Practice makes perfect and I'm not going to practice on grandma who fell out of her wheelchair but blacked out ETOH man who cant feel a thing? Heck yea I'll practice and I know for a fact that I'm not the only one on here that does it or has done it.

C) He's complaining of a reported fall of 30+ feet to pavement causing +LOC abdominal pain, flank pain and head/neck/back pain, he's going to CT and getting contrast dye, If I had anything smaller than an 18 and lower than the forearm they are going to :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: at me because they want high and big for contrast dye.

When you deal with dumbass drunks multiple times a night let me know if you're still full of sunshine and flowers.

I agree with some of this. I usually start 20s on most patients that get a line. Most of them don't need a liter of fluid, so a 20 is just fine. I also start 16s or better on healthy drunk guys to stay in practice, not to practice "punitive ALS".

And yeah, I was also told contrast needs an 18 or better in the the AC. That's my plan for trauma patients.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
hey i just met you and this is crazy but i fight for your country support me maybe?

gotta love being the military and in the field

My partner and I always sing that song in the ambulance.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I agree with some of this. I usually start 20s on most patients that get a line. Most of them don't need a liter of fluid, so a 20 is just fine. I also start 16s or better on healthy drunk guys to stay in practice, not to practice "punitive ALS".

And yeah, I was also told contrast needs an 18 or better in the the AC. That's my plan for trauma patients.

It was never meant to be punitive. I had a line that my partner started. The charge requested a second line, so I complied with his request and I hadn't had the chance to start a big bore line in a while so I dropped a 16.

When it comes to contrast they can use smaller but they don't like to.

If the RN at the ER can draw off my line that's one less poke the pt has to endure. Most of my experience with 20s is they wont draw well. 18s nearly every time you can draw off em, 16s and 14s never once had a problem.

18s are my go to size, the hospitals here prefer them here. 16s or 14s for traumas, it's rare to get a trauma that really needs a 14 though.

Shoot me, I'm evil. :wacko:

Achilles

Forum Moron
So is anyone from the wolverine state going to the hoedown?

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Gotta love it when work has a sense of humor

6c002307-2c55-fdfb.jpg

I love that answer. I giggle every time I take that course

Anjel

Forum Angel
So is anyone from the wolverine state going to the hoedown?

I so wish. Gotta work though. And am protesting because we have to pay this year.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Your post did not indicate any complaints of pain. Your post totally dismissed his story of falling from that height and you had the air of writing him off totally as just another drunk.

Sorry if I don't stroke your ego for starting frivolous bilateral large bore IVs.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Your post did not indicate any complaints of pain. Your post totally dismissed his story of falling from that height and you had the air of writing him off totally as just another drunk.

Sorry if I don't stroke your ego for starting frivolous bilateral large bore IVs.

Say what? Lol