IMG_20120607_173452.jpg

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
IMG_20120607_173443.jpg

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Gotta love it when work has a sense of humor

6c002307-2c55-fdfb.jpg

I remember that little exam lol. All of us in the office that day couldn't believe that answer was there

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4awVqRr1eCo[/YOUTUBE]

Don't try this at home, you might get shot!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
"So let me get this straight...you and your partner were out at the bar then a 'cougar' told you she knew where your grandmother's car was parked so you left your partner, followed this cougar, then she robbed you and threw you off the third floor of a parking garage?"

"Yes sir!!!! I promise! Why would I lie!?"

"I believe the story up until she threw you off the third floor and you fell 30+ feet to pavement then you got up and walked over here and promptly passed out on the street corner, with no outward signs of injuries"

"I swear"

"Alright, just a heads up, the hospital is going to activate a trauma team and it's going to be extremely expensive, like 15 grand expensive, are you sure you fell three floors to pavement?"

"Yes! Why don't you believe me?"

"XXX hospital we are inbound with a xx yo male who reportedly fell 3 floors to pavement from a parking structure, he has no outward signs of trauma, vitals are textbook WNL, he's in full SMR and I've got a 16g line started for ya"

"He fell how far? 3 floors? Is he sure? ETOH onboard?"

"That's his story and he's sticking to it. Yes to the ETOH"

"Copy...trauma bay on arrival, we need bilateral lines if you can make it happen"

"Only for you ;)"

The doc told the guy he's an idiot in the trauma bay, I love our ER physicians.

I believe that he got robbed and his *** kicked, I'd give him maybe a 10 foot fall, not 30 feet though. That bill is gonna suck when he sees it. Talk about an expensive vacation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Way to go for needlessly starting bilateral large bore IVs.

I always love punishing my patient with pain for annoying me. It makes me feel powerful.

That was sarcasm, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Way to go for needlessly starting bilateral large bore IVs.

I always love punishing my patient with pain for annoying me. It makes me feel powerful.

That was sarcasm, by the way.

I would agree with you. But the doctor told him to.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I would agree with you. But the doctor told him to.

I was thinking the same thing. What sucks is that if he didn't start them the doc probably would have been pissy about it.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Yesterday was the most boring shift of my life...I got one call and was cancelled on it. I watched 4...count them 4 movies yesterday.

Epi-do

I see dead people
My new partner comes on shift Monday. Hopefully we are busy enough to get his precepted runs in a reasonable amount of time.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I have no partner today.

So I am in.the haunted wheelchair van. Someone died where I am sitting right now.

And the radio keeps turning on and off.

Sasha

Forum Chief
He established the first large bore before calling report.

Absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for.

I'm on an ALS truck running stretcher calls

Sasha

Forum Chief
I have no partner today.

So I am in.the haunted wheelchair van. Someone died where I am sitting right now.

Get out of the wheelchair.

SSwain

Forum Captain
I have no partner today.

Quit flipping the power switch...duh.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Nurse: "Hey, I am just calling to get a report on my patient in room XXX, are they still in V fib?"
Me: "ummm.....No. But they are in A fib"
Nurse: "Oh ok thanks, the night nurse wrote down V fib 140's during handoff. Did they convert?"
Me "Nope they were never in ventricular fibrillation. And that didn't sound odd to you at all?"
Nurse: "Oh ya I thought the rate was pretty high"

:blink::rofl: I just let that one go

SSwain

Forum Captain
I’ll Have Another, winner of Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes, out of Belmont Stakes due to leg injury....Dang... I had $20.00 on this.