the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I didn't know squiggly lines on a sheet of graph paper could be so interesting.

JPINFV

Gadfly
My parents live down in San Diego and the people on the news said that they need to implement their emergency action plan for the power outage. So my Dad loaded his guns.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
pt26.jpg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Well one of my only days off from work and I might get called in to work on a strike team due to the major power outages. One of our strike teams has already been activated and is in the process of being deployed.

medic417

The Truth Provider

Sasha

Forum Chief
I just choked on my pickle. ROFLMAO.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
We just had a pt. who put a tourniquet on his leg after losing a total of 20, yes 20 cc of blood...

Sent from my mobile command center

Sasha

Forum Chief
You guys are sick.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I took over 200+ pics with rapid burst, and 45 of them were worth saving. The ones worth saving are pretty cool in my opinion. Theyre on facebook. Friend me again. As long as his eye is okay tomorrow im going for round two.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Sasha

Forum Chief
But picture quality is pretty amazing, its a little slow but someone told me a bigger class of memory card speed would speed that up. Its easy to use, but stinky had to help me figure out how to record.. cant zoom in record mode but it does a good job anyway. Panorama is hard to line up without a tripod but the art shooting modes are amazing. None have turned out blurry.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Come one people, get the power back on in San Diego. I have my best friends wedding to be at day after tomorrow, so I'm flying into San Diego International tomorrow afternoon.

Crap, I hope I can rent a car!

So, since we got the email from SDG&E cause my parents house in Coronado is sans power, what kind of emergencies are going on? You talk of deploying a strike team, are things really that bad?

Guess I'll see, eh?

Anyhow, if things are back to normal by then, anyone want to meet up and swap stories Monday sometime? I might be able to make it. Don't have a whole ton planned right now.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I read they are allowing flights into san diego but not out, their air traffic thingy is run on a generator.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I read they are allowing flights into san diego but not out, their air traffic thingy is run on a generator.

So it puts new meaning to the Hotel California song.... Basically when you come into San Diego, you can come in any time you want, but you can never leave, right?

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Eh its not so bad. Sitting around the kerosene lamp playing cards with the family.

Last edited by a moderator:

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Because... duh... if they take themselves they will have to wait in the waiting room.

This is why, when we go fishing for a refusal, we make it quite clear that for this kind of call, we aren't going to do anything including no pain meds; they aren't going to get there any quicker; and they aren't going to get seen any sooner, and in fact will probably be dropped off in triage (by the charge nurse's orders), then sent out to the waiting room. We also make it clear that it's going to be a bumpy, uncomfortable ride, too.