the 100% directionless thread

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
About to drop an app with the one non fire based service I know of back home. Really want this to work, I don't want to transfer to the new AMR out there and be stuck doing transfers all day....Or work for AMR.
Meh where I'm at you could certainly do a lot worse than AMR. Granted we're not a transfer op.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Meh where I'm at you could certainly do a lot worse than AMR. Granted we're not a transfer op.
We are basically bottom of the pay scale here, but this area also has a very high bar for pay. I don't necessarily mind transfers, but dispatch, at least the dude on my days, has a habit of often doing stupid stuff with us when our 911's blow up (send us and another ALS truck for a BLS transfer when we only have 2 ALS trucks left from a sudden string of 911's, only to tell me "well we are behind and I can do it" when I call and ask what he is doing). Throw in the lowest bidder equipment changes lately and yea, kinda looking forward to a new place.

That being said, I absolutely love working with who I am currently scheduled with tomorrow, so I am still happy to go when I am working with good people. Luckily that is most days.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Back in El Paso after a long travel day. CALEMT, y'all were busy early this afternoon in Moreno Valley, I saw three AMR crews responding in five minutes.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Houston tomorrow, then another Creektastic day on Sunday. I feel refreshed!

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
In the process of scheduling DOSE training for 9 fire departments and our 3 shifts. Makes me want to go back to bed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Back in El Paso after a long travel day. CALEMT, y'all were busy early this afternoon in Moreno Valley, I saw three AMR crews responding in five minutes.

Mo Val is Riverside division which I don't work in. Sounds like typical Mo Val though, super busy and super ghetto.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
In the process of scheduling DOSE training for 9 fire departments and our 3 shifts. Makes me want to go back to bed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
ahhh edumakation scheduling... never fun. :(
Side note: i will go to my nursing class tonight for the first time in a little over 2 weeks, thanks to work emergencies, and blizzards.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
What a busy day. Worked my 16 hour shift, slept all night and woke up at 0615 for a CHFer this morning that got the full meal deal, CPAP and what not. Fixed by the time we arrived at the ED. Its paramagic!

My daughter had her St Patrick Day parade at preschool and I bought a golf cart for the event EMS business today. All in all, a productive day. Beers shortly.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
My daughter had her St Patrick Day parade at preschool and I bought a golf cart for the event EMS business today. All in all, a productive day. Beers shortly.
One of the EMS custom golf carts with a stretcher mount? Because if so, you, sir, have great taste in miniaturized vehicles.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I bought a golf cart for the event EMS business today.

7wcrtvR.gif

You can play golf monster trucks now! Or, you know, even better, cause it has flashing lights?

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
In non-Jackass notable images:

Surgery.jpg

o_O

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Followed up our 8 month old arrest with a 16 year old hanging this morning.

This shift can end anytime now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout

Myself, I'd find someone to cover and head home at that point. Can only handle so much acute stress at once.

Fido198674

Forum Crew Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your area have a CR team or someone you can contact? Those groups aren't just there only for the patients and customers, they are there for providers too, that's alot of stress for one person to take in two days

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader