the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
What's with you guys and your pickups?

Why not a Subaru like us practical (and effete) New Englanders?

Can't throw a atv in the bed of your Subaru.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Some of us like to go on roads where you need a lot of ground clearance to make it... that and I'm not a fan of the Lezbaru...

8.7" on the Outback, not bad - plus with a little upgrade to the tires, I'd wager you could do more.

Can't throw a atv in the bed of your Subaru.

Now this sounds valid to me - you can tow it, of course.

I was going to snarkily reply, ahh, but you can:

1280px-SubaruBaja.jpg

(Probably actually couldn't, but it is hilarious looking, no?)

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
since i just got home from working 36 hours straight, I must ***** about the snow. Here is how i was feeling.
upload_2017-3-15_19-21-7.png

upload_2017-3-15_19-24-29.png

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
since i just got home from working 36 hours straight, I must ***** about the snow. Here is how i was feeling.

We broke 100 degrees today. I'd love some 30 degree weather right now.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
We broke 100 degrees today. I'd love some 30 degree weather right now.
I made the news... granted i'm in the middle of a highway screaming at an old lady, but hey Face time :p lol. I'd love 30 degree weather too, we are chillin' at about 10-14 for the next 3-4 days i think.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
You know what that means right? Ice cream!
I think it means sleep if im honest :), after i shovel of course.. I think our total was 26", but somehow city of albany decided to plow the odd side of streets, block people in. And then expect them to move their cars to the even side that is unplowed, not to mention they have to excavate themselves from 8' of snow on top of their cars lol. But fk all that i got a driveway.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Well that was kinda easy. A coolant line from the tank was clogged... How did I discover this you might ask? My radiator was bone dry. Ugh. At least it is kinda fixed

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Fly out day got cancelled due to the heat wave. Now to reschedule it on a some what cooler day

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My 48 has not been kind to me. Down 4 charts and we coded an 8 month old.

I can haz beer now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agregularguy

Forum Lieutenant
My 48 has not been kind to me. Down 4 charts and we coded an 8 month old.

I can haz beer now?

Celebrating getting through two more interviews tonight, and getting an (unofficial until the paperwork is processed) offer tonight. I'll have another few beers for ya. Hopefully you're on the back end of that 48

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm doing another 48 (hopefully "just" a 48, not a damn 50hr shift like last time lol) this Fri-Sat at a busy station and my normal station....will require beer on Sunday I can already predict (unfortunately not too much cuz my next regularly scheduled shift is on Monday....)

In other news, one of the guys at our company just completed backgrounds for ATCEMS.....so I shared this on his FB:

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Got hired as a part time Firefigher/Paramedic for a little district in the county that runs an ambulance.

Plot twist: I'm not, nor have I ever been a firefighter.
upload_2017-3-15_22-58-15.png

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Got hired as a part time Firefigher/Paramedic for a little district in the county that runs an ambulance.

Plot twist: I'm not, nor have I ever been a firefighter.
Just in time to chime in on that firefighter EMS thread (half kidding).

As for my 6-days off, ground shift tomorrow, PALS Friday, and probably take the weekend off for once; might do a holiday shift Sunday, we'll see though.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Celebrating getting through two more interviews tonight, and getting an (unofficial until the paperwork is processed) offer tonight. I'll have another few beers for ya. Hopefully you're on the back end of that 48

Muchos gracias!

Unfortunately not. On until 0800 Friday.

With that said...Friday is St. Patrick's day so I'll have my fair share of beers then!

I'm currently putting off charting. My trade off so I don't feel like a complete bum is sweeping and mopping the whole station. It's our daily chore anyways but on busy days like today our engine crew, who's generally a slower crew, usually takes care of it for us.

Fido198674

Forum Crew Member
Hey I just dropped two more applications and am still on a wait list. No call backs or interviews yet this week but I'm calling out to all of them tomorrow.

Fido198674

Forum Crew Member
I'm starting to get anxious waiting to hear word back from my last interview myself...
Anxious is where I want to be, I'm tearing my hair out waiting here. Lol. My last job was downsizing and so that kinda gave me the kick in the butt to move to EMS. I guess I didn't see the part that said "march 1 tentive based on operational needs" in that moment because alot was going on at once. My interview went great and I did excellent on the tests , but now I'm sitting home all day waiting. (Luckly I saved up about four months worth of bill money just in case)

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
About to drop an app with the one non fire based service I know of back home. Really want this to work, I don't want to transfer to the new AMR out there and be stuck doing transfers all day....Or work for AMR.