the 100% directionless thread

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I think it's time to go back to the Fire side. At least for a little bit.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I think it's time to go back to the Fire side. At least for a little bit.

Tired of getting knocked around every 24 hour shift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Working out the end of a two week notice is always the most awkward part of a job.

I've been hiding out in my office and watching YouTube videos and trying to kill time and stay out of everyone's way.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Tired of getting knocked around for ever 24 hour shift?

Yup. Tired of the EMS hangover and constantly being irritable and on edge. Yesterday was my first shift back after a month off. 16 hours in and I already didn't give a ****. Just by chance, they offered to let people put in to transfer back to Fire yesterday.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yup. Tired of the EMS hangover and constantly being irritable and on edge. Yesterday was my first shift back after a month off. 16 hours in and I already didn't give a ****. Just by chance, they offered to let people put in to transfer back to Fire yesterday.

I'd bet riding backwards for a while would be a good thing. Y'all run your medic units into the ground.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I'd bet riding backwards for a while would be a good thing. Y'all run your medic units into the ground.

I'd actually be either the driver/operator, or I'd be in charge quite a bit. If I do get to transfer back, it's still several months away before they get to me and it goes into effect

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I'm no doctor, but being exhausted to the point of collapse after doing very little all day doesn't seem normal. Very frustrated and a little freaked out.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Just found out my aunt has colon cancer.
This is all second hand in front from my dad, but apparently she has a history of IBS and fatigue issues, so they other day she "wasn't feeling well" and went to take an oral OTC medicine and vomited it back up and the vomit smelled like fecal matter (I got a blank look when I asked if the term coffee grounds emesis was used) and they called 911.

She had surgery, and the prognosis "isn't great but isn't terrible", sje had a hemoglobin of 2, but supposedly the surgeon is confident that all the cancer was removed, but so was a section of intestine and lymph nodes, but she doesn't need an ostomy bag or anything and is in good spirits and expected to be out of the hospital his weekend.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Well, take my exit exam tomorrow. Hopefully NREMT in the next week. Guess it is time to start stressing now?
Too late for that! If you've made it this far with no issue...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'd actually be either the driver/operator, or I'd be in charge quite a bit. If I do get to transfer back, it's still several months away before they get to me and it goes into effect

Can I drive the tiller while you drive the tractor?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Agreed. the drama!

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Up yours jobu...
IMG_2225.PNG

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Not even a Cubs or Indians fan and this game has me on the edge of my seat. God I want the Cubs to win.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
EXTRA INNINGS game 7!

Edit: And now rain delay...

Last edited:

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Just end...pleaseeeee lol. I maintain all professional sports are fixed!