the 100% directionless thread

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Whenever I see these guys in my neighborhood, I wish I could buy them a coffee and get the inside scoop on how useful they think this program is.

We have a Mobile Stroke Treatment Unit here in the Springs every other week (it goes to Aurora for the other half).

Frankly I think it is nothing but a PR move. It only responds to calls coded as strokes within a few miles of the hospital and can only be requested by on scene crews within that radius. I would much rather just identify a stroke and get them to the hospital so if they aren't a TPA candidate they can be put on a helicopter and sent to an appropriate facility. Currently they will not respond or intercept out to rural areas, where I feel like they might actually make a difference.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
We have a Mobile Stroke Treatment Unit here in the Springs every other week (it goes to Aurora for the other half).

Frankly I think it is nothing but a PR move. It only responds to calls coded as strokes within a few miles of the hospital and can only be requested by on scene crews within that radius. I would much rather just identify a stroke and get them to the hospital so if they aren't a TPA candidate they can be put on a helicopter and sent to an appropriate facility. Currently they will not respond or intercept out to rural areas, where I feel like they might actually make a difference.
That makes no sense....gotta love limiting ideas with potential.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

Yeah, sounds like a PR move out there. Here in the city, I could see it being fun but more or less futile: I'm less than a 10 minute drive (assuming light to moderate traffic) from three stroke centers (NYS designated), so I can't imagine it being so so useful in those light/moderate traffic conditions.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Has anybody used KT tape before(if so does it actually work)? to treat things such as shin splints and back spasms?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Has anybody used KT tape before(if so does it actually work)? to treat things such as shin splints and back spasms?
I've used it quite a bit. Never seems to make much of a difference though.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

I use it for my shoulder. I think it helps but I don't have any evidence to support that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
okay dokie ty everybody

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
your working..... on ping pong skills, but hey its still working :D

It's amazing how good a group of people can get when you literally play all day long.

We're like 9 hours deep on ping pong and still going.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
It's amazing how good a group of people can get when you literally play all day long.

We're like 9 hours deep on ping pong and still going.

The great ping pong championship of October 2016.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
upload_2016-10-31_22-13-6.png

STARRING!!!!! HANDSOME ROBB!!!!!!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Almost say a 5yo girl get creamed today while bringing my son out for his firs trick or treating...

In other news, this is so true..

gXH3rF6.png

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I love trading one shift and being able to get 5 days off and not lose any money from my check. Looking forward to some extended weekends in January. Now to decide where to surprise my fiancé with for a mini-vacation for her birthday.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, take my exit exam tomorrow. Hopefully NREMT in the next week. Guess it is time to start stressing now?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
It was 80*F today... with great surf... But yet I miss cool weather and changing leaves. Ugh

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Going from 4g of RAM to 16g really makes a difference... who knew..

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Just watched the memorial service of a fire fighter I knew who took his own life. Please everyone, if you need help ask for it. I'm sad I could not go in person but I never want to have to see one or go to one again.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
2 more police officers in Iowa ambushed. R.I.P
Stay alert and be safe everybody!