the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Working in confined spaces, intense mental demands, temperature fluctuations, wearing a helmet for hours, constant vibration and noise, fumes, etc.

It is amazing how quickly you fatigue
It really sucked on long King Air flights. I might only do one or two round trios from KELP to Hobby, but it was amazing how that wore you out.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Nice updated avatar BTW, @Chase.

How do you like the 407 so far?

Thanks. The 407 is a great aircraft and I think I will like it much better when I am on second seat but with 3 people it is so hard to do anything in flight. But we have it laid out fairly well and it is not as bad as I thought it would be. I am spoiled when I go to the other base and fly in the BK117.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Thanks. The 407 is a great aircraft and I think I will like it much better when I am on second seat but with 3 people it is so hard to do anything in flight. But we have it laid out fairly well and it is not as bad as I thought it would be. I am spoiled when I go to the other base and fly in the BK117.
Yeah, we make ours work just fine. The BK would be nice, talk about roomy.

Even the 135's seem like they would have more maneuverability, though I don't know how I feel about it tapering off at the clam shells.

By any chance is your guys' 407 a GX, or GXP?

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I couldn't find a facebook page for St. Louis, but I did find the general page for all of ARCH.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Seriously? All the times I've been out we've had one rider evaluation and that's it.
Since it was CVMA we had 2 units out there. Started their practice runs at 0800. First rider down was at 0820. We decided to have both units roll on all calls, if both units where staged. The way it worked out was 850 was covering the track as we were meeting up with another unit. As we were coming back on property we saw 850 with their code lights on. We literally just traded all day who was on property and who was transporting.

Our fly out was a pretty big boy. 365lbs. 80mph on turn 6-7 and went down. Seizing for about a minute after we got on scene. Had to check with the airship to see what their weight limit was.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Whenever I see these guys in my neighborhood, I wish I could buy them a coffee and get the inside scoop on how useful they think this program is.

extralarge.jpg

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
S.H.O.C.K camps!!!. NYS is using the successfully :)!!!!!!

Just for you EPI. i know you love your sources :D
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/shockny.pdf

a key change is that the minimum age is now 18.

I sure do love my sources! That's an interesting approach, but I have to imagine that the kind of people who are willing (and able) to complete such a program are probably different than the people who aren't...

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I sure do love my sources! That's an interesting approach, but I have to imagine that the kind of people who are willing (and able) to complete such a program are probably different than the people who aren't...
Well, it's slightly different due to the fact its "this or prison", however its FAR less $. (about 2/3 cheaper then prison). Its slightly better results then xyz years and rehab in prison. but i dont think "willing and able" would describe it. The state hires ex Drill sgt's/instructors, and they just do their thing.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, it's slightly different due to the fact its "this or prison", however its FAR less $. (about 2/3 cheaper then prison). Its slightly better results then xyz years and rehab in prison. but i dont think "willing and able" would describe it. The state hires ex Drill sgt's/instructors, and they just do their thing.

Wow, that's interesting! I saw that it's cheaper - I wonder if that's related to the lower level of security?

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Wow, that's interesting! I saw that it's cheaper - I wonder if that's related to the lower level of security?

There is NO SECURITY. Not one single armed person. However these camps are in the middle of absolutely nowhere. At least 15 miles into the woods(scattered around the state) not one single person has escaped either. It's a weird honor system I guess you can call it. Or fear of bears/ woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I may have confused you. There is no armed security.. The drill sgts still have Batons and handcuffs, but that's about it. No guard tower none of that kind of stuff.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Working hard...or hardly working...

I'm gonna go with the first option.

6adf68193d0b1002c6c5982486a26967.jpg

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Working hard...or hardly working...

I'm gonna go with the first option.

6adf68193d0b1002c6c5982486a26967.jpg

your working..... on ping pong skills, but hey its still working :D

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
There is NO SECURITY. Not one single armed person. However these camps are in the middle of absolutely nowhere. At least 15 miles into the woods(scattered around the state) not one single person has escaped either. It's a weird honor system I guess you can call it. Or fear of bears/ woods.

I may have confused you. There is no armed security.. The drill sgts still have Batons and handcuffs, but that's about it. No guard tower none of that kind of stuff.

Quite the system!

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT