the 100% directionless thread

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Well. Apparently the scaphoid wasn't as healed as I thought.
Felt a pop in my hand a few days back at work. Extremely painful since then. Finally called in today to my surgeon. Dr thinks I displaced it, or at the very least I caused one of the pins to back out of position
I'm shocked that I would even be able to do that at 5 months post op. Either option means another surgery. xrays next week to confirm.
Well... All I can say is damn. Ha
I never thought the scaphoid would be the nuisance compared to the complete detachment of a femoral head. So far it has been.

Angel

Paramedic
CA's water problem is starting to get on my nerves. This drought water restriction stuff just seems ridiculous. Idc how much we conserve, the water will still decrease and disappear; so what are they doing to fix it? Sounds like nothing

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
CA's water problem is starting to get on my nerves. This drought water restriction stuff just seems ridiculous. Idc how much we conserve, the water will still decrease and disappear; so what are they doing to fix it? Sounds like nothing
What they will do is turn the area to a desert and then tell the people there is still no water and force everyone to move so the growers can still grow food and the fish in the delta will live

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I think there is a surgical PA here in the forum if you have any questions.

*cough cough*
I don't have a cough and I thought that treating cough wasn't normally part of that specialty... ;)

Now then, I've got this cyst... :D

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
uploadfromtaptalk1431041015909.jpg
spied this...thing today. Walked out of the barber shop, got into my pickup and looked up and it facing me and though "What on earth is a Hall Ambulance doing slumming it down here in Covina?" Then I saw it wasn't a mod and no lights so I figured it was a utility van at a supplier, then I drove around the parking lot and saw it.....somehow I don't think that cab belongs to Medic Van 71 anymore lol

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
argh.....ok how do I fix the orientation so the pic isn't sideways??? (I uploaded it from my phone)

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
While both have pretty tenuous blood supply, I think the scaphoid has the worst blood supply of any bone in the body whereas the femoral head has decent supply as long as the circumflex artwries are intact.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
View attachment 2057spied this...thing today. Walked out of the barber shop, got into my pickup and looked up and it facing me and though "What on earth is a Hall Ambulance doing slumming it down here in Covina?" Then I saw it wasn't a mod and no lights so I figured it was a utility van at a supplier, then I drove around the parking lot and saw it.....somehow I don't think that cab belongs to Medic Van 71 anymore lol

What a huge pile garbage. I want to drive it so bad!

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Wow. So those "7 series models only about 5" were the only ones bought from aev (all are leader) and we're recently remounted at aev with new chassis. I guess that's what aev does with the old stuff? I wonder if hall knows.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Wow...just wow.

If I were the owner of Hall and I found out about this Id be having a very serious conversation with the company I went through to purchase ambulances.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
While both have pretty tenuous blood supply, I think the scaphoid has the worst blood supply of any bone in the body whereas the femoral head has decent supply as long as the circumflex artwries are intact.
I've avoided AVN so far.
I got another call today, he talked to his PA (the one that's actually been following me since the surgery. I haven't seen the surgeon since the actual operation), the PA informed him of my progress so far and he had time to look at the progression of xrays. after looking at the fx line, it seems more likely that I backed the retaining pin out. which should be a whole lot simpler to fix. The actual fx looks like it was healed too far along to displaced, especially while doing something menial like texting (yep. Thats what I was doing when this happened).
Either way. Xrays should tell all. Just gonna be a long weekend.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Having a critical trauma patient and having to ground transport them to the trauma center because it's too windy for the airship is not as fun as it sounds. Would have given TXA if it was in our system this month and not next.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief

They should have started to be more conservative on water years ago. Rumor has it that they want to build pipelines and take water from the great lakes.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
While working 80 hour work weeks has been fun, it's time for a real vacation (EMS on the Hill Day was a work trip, I swear!).

Denver->Dublin->London->Boston->Home

:D

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Having a critical trauma patient and having to ground transport them to the trauma center because it's too windy for the airship is not as fun as it sounds. Would have given TXA if it was in our system this month and not next.
I've heard rumors that we may not be getting it, just fire... Not from CES though, from another medic.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I've heard rumors that we may not be getting it, just fire... Not from CES though, from another medic.
Our medics have required training on it that is due by next month.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief