the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
image.jpg

Angel

Paramedic
I think there is a surgical PA here in the forum if you have any questions.

*cough cough*

Sooo many questions!
I have shadowed a PA in a med office so know a little bit (i think), but my guess is there's a big difference in roles depending on the environment (hospital vs...everywhere else)

What is your role in surgery (what kind of surgery can/do you do? As far as local vs general anesthetic...or does that not matter)
I was under the impression PAs first assist, but still not exactly sure what that means. (Doesn't make the first cut?)

As far as when not in surgery...do you see (evaluate) pts the same way your MD does?
How much oversight do you have vs other PAs that you've encountered?
I have more...not sure if I should PM though?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Teaching card classes the next few days... Oh joy.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Teaching card classes the next few days... Oh joy.

Ugh I really need PALS, but cannot find a class around here. Mine expires this month [emoji35]

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So my dad was intubated yesterday

So he could have surgery on his knee for a torn meniscus that's had him on workers comp for like 2 months....he's not enjoying being hobled, but def not complaining about not having to wake up early and getting out of housework lol

Anjel

Forum Angel

Angel

Paramedic
getting my ducks in a row so I can take classes in the spring. sadly, i will likely have to repeat my anatomy and physiology since its been almost 6 years...it sucked the first time now i have to find somewhere to do it again. yipee

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Well my hopes and dreams have been crushed. I was about to click submit on my application and when I did it, it said the posting is no longer available.

PotatoMedic

A .8 FTE paramedic position with Whidbey General

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Well my hopes and dreams have been crushed. I was about to click submit on my application and when I did it, it said the posting is no longer available.

I know that feel... sucks being a day late and a dollar short.

PotatoMedic

I'll survive. Just got to keep checking the website often and have everything ready!

Angel

Paramedic
do they have alert/notifications for when the job opens? kinda sucks if they dont, but like you said keep a watchful eye and youll get it!

so, i went top the gym finally, i had some...fears because yanno, overweight people at the gym people stare right?
not at all, everyone just minds their own business and i actually surprised myself with how much i was able to do (running wise)
i do feel the effects of my salt laden BBQ and beer fest though...the bloat is real strong

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
SoCal earthquake posts ahoy.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Michigan had an earthquake this weekend.

a6f218e692025963e8a0b979a69bfc8f.jpg

I never felt it lol

Anjel

Forum Angel
In other news... And sorry for those who are friends with me on Facebook and will see this twice.

I passed my first semester of nursing school! 2 more to go!