the 100% directionless thread

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Chaz & STX Why do you guys say that?
I've never had the experience (yet) so I'm just curious.

...if you want to share I understand it can be a tough subject
From the article:

"So, please forgive me. I know that because I’m not emotionally upset with you right now, I may look cold and heartless."

I really am cold and heartless. The thought that usually goes through my head is "That probably sucks." But that's about the extent of my emotional response... No machismo, tough guy façade. I just really don't relate emotionally or empathetically with my patients. I pretend that I do for the patient, but really to me people are just puzzles that require solving.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Well that was a nice little call. Ended up pacing, BVM, OPA, D50%, intubation attempt (he regained a gag reflex), NPA, and STEMI to top it all off.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
What was the rhythm?
IVR in the 20s initially. Pacing got capture at 120mA. Patient was taken off the pacer enroute where he was in a junctional to accelerated junctional rhythm with a good BP.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
That awkward moment when you arrive to find the volunteer fire guys and some deputies doing CPR inside of crime scene tape in the middle of a marsh.

Guys the car was airborne for 600 feet (not an exaggeration), you can stop now.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Woo!

Are you nervous? Are there any good pretests that predict outcome?

It's still far enough away that I'm not nervous at all yet.....but I'm sure I will be in the days leading up.

I just took the SEE (self-evaluation exam) last week and did OK on it, despite not studying much. It's not meant to be a predictor for boards but that's exactly how it's used.....many people say it's harder than boards, though I imagine that's just because by the time you've taken boards, you've studied a lot more and already have the experience of the SEE.

Last edited:

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Anyone else on the Chive see the video of the kid microwave a glowstick? He takes it out and it explodes right in his face. I felt a bit guilty for laughing at this Darwin Award nominee...then I was too busy going "well flush his eyes out, and wash off the chemicals, that's gotta burn.."

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Anyone else on the Chive see the video of the kid microwave a glowstick? He takes it out and it explodes right in his face. I felt a bit guilty for laughing at this Darwin Award nominee...then I was too busy going "well flush his eyes out, and wash off the chemicals, that's gotta burn.."
I was laughing at work as the dad repeatedly talked about the kid's "beautiful, awesome shirt."

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Well, learning to make good decisions often comes from (surviving) bad ones...

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
So my girlfriends cousin was shot and killed early Saturday morning by an Off-Duty USBP agent. The agent is now facing murder charges. He left behind a long time girlfriend and two kids with her.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
The community college system here is atrocious. How can you place a hold on someone's account hours before registration starts when the office that placed the hold is not even open?!!?

Angel

Paramedic
So my girlfriends cousin was shot and killed early Saturday morning by an Off-Duty USBP agent. The agent is now facing murder charges. He left behind a long time girlfriend and two kids with her.

that is insane...how or why???
keep us updated.

Anjel

Forum Angel
We're a positive bunch in here lately