the 100% directionless thread

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
that is insane...how or why???

keep us updated.
Basically from what I could gather, he heard his friend outside in an argument, so he came out. As he was coming out the USBP agent pulled a gun and said, "Who's going to fight now, shot once, hitting her cousin, then his gun jammed. Her cousin fell to the ground and his friend tried to get control of the agent since the gun was jammed. The gun unjammed so his friend started running again, and the agent shot her cousin two more times while he was on the ground.

Here's a link to the article: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...eadly-Shooting-in-Hemet-Police-282031501.html

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
86d69b45813991f27e412e6dd6b920c4.jpg

26a7110887afbf4340896adb84acfa83.jpg

Well these don't look very normal

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
This shows up to the station right as I left this morning

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
I like working 48 hours in 2 or 3 days. I don't like having to find stuff to do for the rest of the week. Need to clear probation soon so I can pick up some overtime.

Angel

Paramedic
Doesn't that suck? I'm only cleared for dual medic and all the good shifts are for solo medics so I have to compete with all the other EMTs which means only a couple of shifts a week.

Need to clear probation soon so I can pick up some overtime.

@TransportJockey that truck is awesome. Only fire (around here) gets stuff like that

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
@TransportJockey The rig looks sharp but the light heads look so undersized on all that white head space...

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Doesn't that suck? I'm only cleared for dual medic and all the good shifts are for solo medics so I have to compete with all the other EMTs which means only a couple of shifts a week.

Yeah I hear ya. I still have about 3-4 months until I am cleared and can work without my FTO or Captain.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Dodge with a Frazer box, exactly the same as ours. Love our boxes

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Microsoft Security Essentials. Free and just as good (if not better).

@TransportJockey Talk about a long hood!
Hmm...I'll have to look into that..

Our new Dodges have long hoods as well, real fun when you're trying to wash them (well more correctly dry the hood/windshield) lol Same with the sides, I'm not exactly short but i think i can only reach up to somewhere between half and 2/3 up the side haha.

Still a lot nicer than our old Ford van cabs....Only problem is the North Star boxes seem to have some chronic issues that are a bit of a PITA.

56bbd91705e76710c34c4390832835f3.jpg

9bfba6016188a3e2f0758b2bd5d9fa82.jpg

abf700a202973d486cbc04ca3ef417f1.jpg

(Hey, the pics posted! Yay! Lol)

Last edited:

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
We are running on the same cab @Jim37F I like them so far. The hood is pretty dang long, though those little hood scoops make it look sharp. Think we just got 20 of these with power loaders and stretchers which is a life saver.

Angel

Paramedic
Think we just got 20 of these with power loaders and stretchers which is a life saver.

20 new ambulances?????
I'm am jealous. We still have OLD boxes (like 2-3 left) with the OLD Ferno manual gurneys. It's ridiculous.

Oh and 2-3 months is a long time. Why is it like that

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
So. My bike breaks down this morning. My girlfriend breaks up with me. Fix the bike and my brand new Note 4 falls out of my pocket on a ride and gets demolished. Anything else?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
@TransportJockey The rig looks sharp but the light heads look so undersized on all that white head space...
Similar comments have been made regarding the fact that our light bar is narrow at the very top of the box (and recessed so it's even and doesn't stick out) and the rest is pretty much just a large blank red wall...though the number does help fill the space a little

We are running on the same cab @Jim37F I like them so far. The hood is pretty dang long, though those little hood scoops make it look sharp. Think we just got 20 of these with power loaders and stretchers which is a life saver.
The neighboring department has the power loader and stretchers....we still have the old Ferno ProFlexx stretchers....although they are nice in that we can just push them in/pull out with out much in the way of lifting and that they fold into a chair gets it into and through tight elevators/hallways/etc So I really can't complain to much

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
20 new ambulances?????
I'm am jealous. We still have OLD boxes (like 2-3 left) with the OLD Ferno manual gurneys. It's ridiculous.

Oh and 2-3 months is a long time. Why is it like that

Yeah they replaced all the frontline trucks that were like 2009's? The county trucks are still the fords for now.

We have two FTO phases until we can clear. Its a busy and pretty complex department so they want to make sure you are good to go before chucked out into the wild. First four weeks are as a third rider. The rest is two man crew. Can't get OT until you are a cleared provider. Unless your FTO or Captain picks some up.