the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That is one thing I like about our dress code. We can wear hats at anytime. During the summer or winter, inside houses or outside.

Did medical coverage today for a Battle of the Badges boxing match, it was very odd seeing a paramedic TKO a police officer in about 45 seconds.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Same here. Ball caps and winter hats. I wear a hat most of the time. The Paramedic Association, our quasi-labor group, sells t-shirts, hats and job shirts. All are uniform accessories. (We're allowed to wear a Tshirt instead of the flight suit on a call if were in the middle of some PT)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Anjel,

Glad to hear the two providers were okay. Was there a pt. on board?

As for the ambulance. I'm sure it'll buff right out.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Lol knowing star it will be back in service tomorrow. And no there wasn't a patient thankfully. They were on their way to a call. They were inching out into the intersection when they were hit by a charger who was speeding.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
yhumehyj.jpg

3u5umajy.jpg

This happened today. Both crew members transported to the hospital and released.

Be careful everyone.

Glad to hear everyone is alright. Stay safe out there boys and girls.

As far as hats. We wear them wherever we damn well please here haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
So I've decided to go fire. Time to get into totally good shape.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Well...I guess it's that time of year again. Woke up to this bad boy behind the house on the hill. It's way away from any structures so that's good, gusting winds aren't helping the cause though.

2yzu9e3e.jpg

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
City fire, CalFire, or any fire department?

Really any department, I'm planning on reserving after I get my cpat, then probably COD academy.

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
Well...I guess it's that time of year again. Woke up to this bad boy behind the house on the hill. It's way away from any structures so that's good, gusting winds aren't helping the cause though.

2yzu9e3e.jpg

With the terrible snow situation it was bound to happen sooner than later.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Looks like that it'll be fun.

Have my own place for that first time, as of today... Lease is signed as of this afternoon. Nerve wracking, but a move- in date of 6/24.
One bedroom apt, 984 sq ft, personal garage with opener, fireplace in room, each apt is alarmed. Ended up at $750 month (I pay electric myself).
Was a lot farther than I wanted to go, but I couldn't pass it up. Loved it when I toured.

So... Now I need to figure out how to buy furniture, since my family isn't letting me take any of mine :huh:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Have my own place for that first time, as of today... Lease is signed as of this afternoon. Nerve wracking, but a move- in date of 6/24.
One bedroom apt, 984 sq ft, personal garage with opener, fireplace in room, each apt is alarmed. Ended up at $750 month (I pay electric myself).
Was a lot farther than I wanted to go, but I couldn't pass it up. Loved it when I toured.

So... Now I need to figure out how to buy furniture, since my family isn't letting me take any of mine :huh:

That's a lot of apartment for a really good price if it was around here. Congrats!

Anjel

Forum Angel

Blow up furniture! And bean bags! And a futon lol you'll be set for life.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
My wife claims that in 5 years we can move to CO!! It's a good ways off, but I'll take it!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
With the terrible snow situation it was bound to happen sooner than later.

It's at 730 acres and 5% containment as of 1300 today. Burning up in the Hunter Falls/Lake area.

Sounds like they're having to use mainly helitack style tactics with the location. 4 helps on scene, two with buckets and two to move personnel.

JPINFV

Gadfly
"On the recommendation of the Faculty, the Board of Trustees has approved the conferring of the degree..."

Someone done screwed up apparently.

Attachments

• Diploma Forum.jpg
    Diploma Forum.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 188

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
"On the recommendation of the Faculty, the Board of Trustees has approved the conferring of the degree..."

Someone done screwed up apparently.

Nice! So you're officially a DO?