the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
That is correct...

Congratulations man! Do you have any tests left to take before you start? Boards are a couple years down the road, right?

JPINFV

Gadfly
Congratulations man! Do you have any tests left to take before you start? Boards are a couple years down the road, right?

Well... ACLS and NRP. :D

Sometime next year I need to take Step 3 (last licensing test). Steps 1 and 2 are taken during medical school. Once I finish residency, then I sit for the board certification exams.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Four calls since I came on at 1000... Including a fixed wing flyout. Been busy so far.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
I have discovered the awesomeness that is attacking a boxing bag at the gym.

Be warned, mess with me from now on and I'll just thump you good! :D

Also, it's one a.m. and I'm in that weird zone between awake and tired, there is nothing good on TV besides infomercials for products I do not need and all my housemates are asleep because they have "normal" schedules.

Who knows a good bedtime story?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Hey! Clare is back Umm... Midaz always seems to put people asleep for me.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Umm... Midaz always seems to put people asleep for me.

I asked for a bedtime story and you go straight to wanting to give me some midazolam? Hmm .... concerning, you might be a good first subject to try out some of that boxing whoopybottom on!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
For the first time in just shy of 6 months I can lift my left arm above my head under it's own power. Now to get after the PT, goal is to be back by October, which will be 6 months post op.

8a9uqeny.jpg

Four calls since I came on at 1000... Including a fixed wing flyout. Been busy so far.

What kind of capabilities do/es your local hospital(s) have?

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
"On the recommendation of the Faculty, the Board of Trustees has approved the conferring of the degree..."

Someone done screwed up apparently.
Apparently so... You've been well trained. You sit, you stay... You sure they didn't leave out a "G" letter? :rofl:

Congratulations on earning the degree and now you're on your way to earning your license to learn!

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
For the first time in just shy of 6 months I can lift my left arm above my head under it's own power. Now to get after the PT, goal is to be back by October, which will be 6 months post op.

8a9uqeny.jpg
Congrats! Just be really careful about that for a while. You want the tissue to remodel but you want it to not be too lax or you'll have shoulder that's too unstable. Keep up the good work and you might be mostly back by 6 months, but don't be too surprised if it takes longer than that.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

What kind of capabilities do/es your local hospital(s) have?
They have a general surgeon who sometimes will cut someone open. That's about it. It's rated as a level 4 trauma center. One ER doc told me the only thing she can do for the patient that I can't is give blood.
Oh, they also have a two bed "ICU".

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
One ER doc told me the only thing she can do for the patient that I can't is give blood.

What about ultrasound? RSI? mechanical ventilation? antibiotics? blood biochemistries? chest drains? central venous access? invasive blood pressure monitoring?

I'm not trying to be a smartypants; I know many American services have introduced lots of flash bits of kit here and there ....

It's 11 pm on a Wednesday night, I have resorted to chocolate to keep me company while I watch TV on the internet ... I need a life stat! :D

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
What about ultrasound? RSI? mechanical ventilation? antibiotics? blood biochemistries? chest drains? central venous access? invasive blood pressure monitoring?

I'm not trying to be a smartypants; I know many American services have introduced lots of flash bits of kit here and there ....

It's 11 pm on a Wednesday night, I have resorted to chocolate to keep me company while I watch TV on the internet ... I need a life stat! :D

Sonosite's are on order and will be here in a week or two, for RSI I have a choice of more induction and paralytics than most ERs, We carry the new Impact 731 vents, Rocephin is in my drug box, The other unit and the flight team have I-stats, mine will be here in the next week, CVCs and chest tubes are both items we carry and can use. IBP monitoring we don't do. But this ER has one monitor in the entire ER that can do it, and most likely they would be leery about doing it :p

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader

8a9uqeny.jpg

That's excellent, congrats man! Now that is the authentic smile of someone discovering the use of a long lost limb.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Now the hard part starts.

Had my first PT session today with more than just passive ROM by the DPT. Even only using arm weight for a handful of exercises then ending with pROM, ice and stim my shoulder is lit up. Gonna have to work to get my guns back! :rofl:

They have a general surgeon who sometimes will cut someone open. That's about it. It's rated as a level 4 trauma center. One ER doc told me the only thing she can do for the patient that I can't is give blood.
Oh, they also have a two bed "ICU".

Bahaha that's awesome. I really wish I wasn't so in love with white powdery water that falls from the sky...maybe instead of buying a street bike next spring I'll buy a dirt scooter and see if it's as fun as it was when I was younger. I racked my bike when I was a kid and it kinda scared me off them and I ended up riding quads instead.

Dang, with everything y'all do I thought for sure you'd have blood products.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Gahhh... I hate waiting. 9 days till I know if I got into medic school. (8 days in a few hours)

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Sitting at a standby of a meth lab that blew up, and now they're bringing out the meth lab stuff. So, we're almost done here. At least fire bought us burgers, fries, and a soda!

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Sitting at a standby of a meth lab that blew up, and now they're bringing out the meth lab stuff. So, we're almost done here. At least fire bought us burgers, fries, and a soda!

I hear that Los Pollos Hermanos is much better than a burger :D