the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I didn't realize there were enough hospitals there to need an IFT service :p

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Application to TCC submitted. Time to study up on for the entrance exam.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
That phone call needed to happen. I feel a gazillion times better. You know just when I start thinking there's nothing I can do she snaps out of it and it goes right back to as good if not better than it was before.

The best things in life happen when you don't expect them. It's not easy but it's worth it...she's worth it.

I didn't know that there was enough ALS IFT to support it, but ... we'll see. It's new program.

Ah gotcha. Nice knowing you're not cooked if it doesn't work though.

Random question but do you stream your radio broadcasts on the interwebz or only on FM?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I do. I'll PM you the info.

Today's project. Another trial of KingVision. Looks like this will be the VL we're going with.

hu6y9yty.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Damnit... I woke up hoping today was Friday... I want my answer already lol

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Friday will come. Is this for the one in Texas?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Anjel

Forum Angel
Interview today. Was hired on the spot. Well kinda. I have to pass their agility test in Tuesday. It was a panel style interview with 6 people. I was so nervous I forgot to ask what they pay.

Guess I'll find out on Tuesday lol

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I do. I'll PM you the info.

Today's project. Another trial of KingVision. Looks like this will be the VL we're going with.

I like ours. I used it on a live patient for the first time the other day and will have to say the technique is drastically different though.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
We have the Pentax, which is fairly similar. I am not a fan at all. I was a huge fan of the McGrath, but my vote (and the rest of the field's) counts for nothing.

NomadicMedic

We tried the Pentax, I like the crosshairs on the glottic opening… But that was about it. I understand they sold their technology to Ambu, who now also owns King Vision.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Today has been fun. I managed to squirt a patient's blood all over my face/eyes. 5 hours of paperwork ensued...

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I like ours. I used it on a live patient for the first time the other day and will have to say the technique is drastically different though.

Really? I've used it a number of times and probably my favorite thing about it is that the technique is more like DL than any other videoscope that I've used.

NomadicMedic

I found the intubrite was almost exactly the same technique, but the KingVision was very different. The Ambu guys were in today and we compared products for a while on the Simulator. The technique and insertion depth was very different with the King than non video DL.

The other good news is that it looks as if we'll be replacing the Combi and LMA rescue airways with the King LT. (A project that's been in the works for a while.)

Last edited by a moderator:

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
The word of the week is "futility". I wish more people would realize that there are worse things in life then death and let their family members die with a shred of dignity and comfort.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Why must regaining fitness be so painful Went out and got a new style of foam roller today in hopes of staving off the therapist for a little longer.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Why must regaining fitness be so painful Went out and got a new style of foam roller today in hopes of staving off the therapist for a little longer.

I'll fix your shin splints for you. Bring your shin over here. Massage it out for ya' with a baseball bat ;)

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I'll fix your shin splints for you. Bring your shin over here. Massage it out for ya' with a baseball bat ;)

That's about what it'll take for these damn knots in my calves!

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Go to bed last night with every intention of calling in sick today to finish moving. Wake up actually sick. This isn't what I meant....