the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I was braising short ribs in red wine to make a red sauce for pasta, I poured myself a big glass of wine and almost took a glug when I looked at the clock and realized I had to be to work in a couple of hours.

Now, the idea of having a glass of wine is killing me. I want one in the worst way. Anyone want to work for me tonight so I can stay home and eat pasta and drink red wine with my wife?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Well I'm officially done with CAL FIRE interviews and now its a waiting game. All that needs to happen now is no rain, above normal temps, and the governors approval for the extra man on the fire engine.

Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for the next couple months!

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Road trip time? You make it to abq and I'll buy a couple rounds lol

That's my goal for right before I enlist. Signing in dec hopefully (hopeful since I still have a ways to go for the physical exam. Lots of swim work to do and have to shave 3 min off my 1 1/2 mile and still short on pull ups). Then I want to your the west coast on my bike while I'm waiting since I'm signing a delayed entry enlistment. So hopefully March ish next year I'll be able to cover some ground on this side of the country.

terrible one

Always wandering
Well I'm officially done with CAL FIRE interviews and now its a waiting game. All that needs to happen now is no rain, above normal temps, and the governors approval for the extra man on the fire engine.

Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for the next couple months!

Good luck. Heard that 4-0 wouldn't be approved until the fiscal year. Should be a good busy season this year though. Where was the last place you interviewed?

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Anyone here got an xbox one? Bought one yesterday but I have not a soul to play live with.

NomadicMedic

Several con ed sessions, emails and individual training opportunities. (You'll notice I edited that original post.) I'm seriously angry

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
If I can work 24s and live not in DE count me in.

I'm not an idiot I promise.

Sorry to hear that sir :(

Well, found out the insurance company closed my disability claim....and I haven't had surgery yet. I'm really confused.

They have no long term disability case open for me.....and I haven't gotten a check in 3 weeks. Are you kidding? Looks like my agency is going to be paying my rent if they want me to keep my mouth shut.

:censored::censored::censored::censored:!

NomadicMedic

No 24s ... At least not yet. And you can live in Maryland.

Rob, I hope you get that crap straight. We've got a 22 year guy who's out on disability after getting kicked by a patient and he's in a crummy spot too.

CALEMT

Good luck. Heard that 4-0 wouldn't be approved until the fiscal year. Should be a good busy season this year though. Where was the last place you interviewed?

San Benito/ Monterey. Interviewed in Amador/ El Dorado, Tulare, Madera-Mariposa-Merced, Tuolumne/ Calaveras, and Monte Vista (San Diego). Last interview they said that the first round of hiring is going to be the next couple weeks.

terrible one

Always wandering
Damn that's some driving you did! Hope you hear something

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
No 24s ... At least not yet. And you can live in Maryland.

Rob, I hope you get that crap straight. We've got a 22 year guy who's out on disability after getting kicked by a patient and he's in a crummy spot too.

Hey I wouldn't be opposed to Maryland. There's this smokin' hott OMS-3 that I've been talking to that wants to move home to Maryland when she's done with school for her residency...

Still no snow though. For 24s I think 3 hours would be about my limit for commuting. 48s or 72s I'd stretch it a little further.

Thank you, I'm just kinda at a loss for words right now. I've never been treated so poorly in my life by an employer. Getting to the point that I might be talking to a lawyer.

CALEMT

Damn that's some driving you did! Hope you hear something

Yeah no kidding and thanks last season I wasn't to hopeful... this year its a totally different story, hopefully I'll hear something in the next couple months

EDIT: Also just checked on the CAL FIRE webpage and there was a article saying that starting Monday March 31 additional seasonal firefighters will be hired and several remote seasonal stations will be opened. So from what I'm gathering from the article is that CAL FIRE got some sort of funding or approval for all of this... now I'm excited haha maybe some of my Irish luck will look down upon me and I'll get a job offer Monday

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Trying to broil steak for the first time... Hope it comes out tasty

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
:censored::censored::censored::censored:... ABQ is going crazy

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief