the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel

JPINFV

Gadfly
No they don't have a lot of things that we do, but you know come to think of it. They may have a pack or two in the NPA kit. So I take that back.

Ah, forgot about NPAs. The first company I worked for didn't stock them (wasn't required), while the second one did (with the lube packs taped to the NPA packages).

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Why do people refer to doing 12 leads as a "rule out?" Perhaps they're just reading them in a far more advanced way than I, but I'm not certain how obtaining a 12 lead EKG on a patient who is altered and semi-responsive is going to rule out anything.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Why do people refer to doing 12 leads as a "rule out?" Perhaps they're just reading them in a far more advanced way than I, but I'm not certain how obtaining a 12 lead EKG on a patient who is altered and semi-responsive is going to rule out anything.

Come on, bro. All you need to read is the print-out. If it doesn't say acute mi, the patient is fine :cool:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Treat the patient, not the monitor

*sarcasm*

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member

....or the fact that a 12-lead can only detect something like 50% of ischemic events.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
At the state EMS conference. Had dinner with the state EMS president and state EMS director.

#winning.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I just gave report to my medical director. In the trauma bay. Is it bad she actually seemed surprised I didn't give my patient narcotics? Lol
Her exact words "what? No narcs for this one? You feeling ok?"

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Wow, lots of old faces coming to check in. Cool.

In other news, the ems forum on reddit makes me hurt sometimes. It's like the anti-emtlife. Lots of ridiculous people perpetuating medicine straight from the 80s. <_<

OMG yes. I have to stop myself from going off on rants so often when I lurk in there. Stop being a lazy fark and read the damn transfer packet! :glare:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
My chief and and partner have bought me at least several beverages. Hello progress at the state level.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Oh boy. Just saw a Microsoft commercial on TV that was based on lack of long term career potential in EMS. It shows an EMT/Medic in the back of an ambulance and talks about how she loves her job but uses her Microsoft tablet to take classes for her future career.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Least they are honest! And That is what I am using my surface for! Granted it is medic school... but they are honest!

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
Oh boy. Just saw a Microsoft commercial on TV that was based on lack of long term career potential in EMS. It shows an EMT/Medic in the back of an ambulance and talks about how she loves her job but uses her Microsoft tablet to take classes for her future career.

Yeah, saw the same one. Would have been better if it was a CNA.

"I'm tired of changing dirty diapers at the nursing home and want to become an RN…" That's more realistic.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I just gave report to my medical director. In the trauma bay. Is it bad she actually seemed surprised I didn't give my patient narcotics? Lol
Her exact words "what? No narcs for this one? You feeling ok?"

Ha ha! I've been asked the same question. Almost word for word.

I was informed that my first six months in Texas, I gave more narcs than the other two medics at my station had given, combined, in the previous year.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Talk about adding insult to injury. Just found out my good friend's girl died in a rollover today. :censored::censored::censored::censored: me.

I thought we were at the bottom but it just keeps going. Rest in Peace Gina.

Why do the good always die young?

Oh and my female partner got clocked in the face by a drunk bum. Thanks PD maybe next time you should help when the patient had already been violent towards you and save me the paperwork and having to explain to my Supe why the onl female on scene got attacked and why she was in a position to be attacked...Screw this day, this week, this month...hell, :censored::censored::censored::censored: this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
I'm so sorry Robby. You know you can text me or or call me anytime. You're definitely in my prayers.