the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
So sorry for your loss Rob. Both you personally and your entire department. Losing one of our own is brutal. Take care of each other.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I couldn't have said it better myself

Good luck, your probably the first women I heard say I hope to be "knocked Up" most women I know find the phrase improper.

A friend of mine had the same issues and she insists she ended up prego cause she was in a position almost upside down on her head. :unsure: really not a vision I cared to envision but it worked for her apparently

I'm not very proper lol

To everyone workin' today/tonight ... I apologize. I went and said the "q" word. I jinxed everyone. I'm sorry. :p

Gee... Thanks... :(

3yhybu5u.jpg

Rest in Peace Bobby, you'll forever be loved and missed brother.

We lost an amazing EMS brother last night. Please take care of yourselves, it's something we're crummy at. Depression and suicide are a very real thing that we face nearly every day but don't realize how close it is to us until it's too late.

Sorry for your loss Robb. My thoughts go out to your organization at this time. May he RIP.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Officially transferred into EMS! Now time to wreak havoc and have some fun :D

Anjel

Forum Angel
Found out that one of our basics did a rectal tone check on a trauma patient when his partner left to check on other patients. When she came back the pt had his pants down around his ankles.

And no one wants to say anything.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Found out that one of our basics did a rectal tone check on a trauma patient when his partner left to check on other patients. When she came back the pt had his pants down around his ankles.

Uhhhhh.

Hopefully he did that on his next to last day.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Uhhhhh.

Hopefully he did that on his next to last day.

It happened about a week ago. His partner who is a good friend of mine told me today. But she won't tell anyone else.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader

Wow. That's some bad news right there...

Yeah, someone should probably go ahead and speak up about that before it leaks out.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Had a delightful conversation with a patient's parent on scene tonight about how we were going to "break her child's neck" by moving him after a football injury without a C-Collar and backboard. She didn't want to hear any of our reasoning and insisted on a board and collar since we didn't have X-rays. Internet doctors are watching far too much TV these days.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Since when did Dr. Oz do a story on long spine boards?

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Wow, lots of old faces coming to check in. Cool.

In other news, the ems forum on reddit makes me hurt sometimes. It's like the anti-emtlife. Lots of ridiculous people perpetuating medicine straight from the 80s. <_<

JPINFV

Gadfly

Future trauma surgeon... finger or tube in every hole.

Do your ambulances even come with lube?

JPINFV

Gadfly
wow, lots of old faces coming to check in. Cool.

In other news, the ems forum on reddit makes me hurt sometimes. It's like the anti-emtlife. Lots of ridiculous people perpetuating medicine straight from the 80s. <_<

liv...

Anjel

Forum Angel
Future trauma surgeon... finger or tube in every hole.

Do your ambulances even come with lube?

Our basic trucks sure don't.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Our basic trucks sure don't.

Really? At my company the only difference between ALS and bls trucks is that one has narcotics somewhere on if.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Just clocking out. Gonna go get my birthday drunk on! :) or at least a little lol. Back on the bus for another 24 tomorrow.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Really? At my company the only difference between ALS and bls trucks is that one has narcotics somewhere on if.

No they don't have a lot of things that we do, but you know come to think of it. They may have a pack or two in the NPA kit. So I take that back.