the 100% directionless thread

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Amtrak y u always so late. Never on time in Rhode Island. Not once.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
1st test for entrance to medic school tomorrow. 200 question test the EMT class uses as their final. Have to get an 80% or better to pass. Followed by a ~150 A&P test on Wednesday. Yep I'm nervous :wacko:

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
1st test for entrance to medic school tomorrow. 200 question test the EMT class uses as their final. Have to get an 80% or better to pass. Followed by a ~150 A&P test on Wednesday. Yep I'm nervous :wacko:
Good luck :cool:
I felt the same way, but ours was 100 question pharmacology test. Followed by an A&P test every class day except for one so far... It's so much fun :unsure: haha

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Good luck :cool:
I felt the same way, but ours was 100 question pharmacology test. Followed by an A&P test every class day except for one so far... It's so much fun :unsure: haha

Class doesn't start until January. If I pass those 2 tests I get moved to an oral interview in October which consists of 5 patients that I have to assess, properly treat, and correctly diagnose in 15 minutes.

I don't want to think of the tests when medic school actually starts lol

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Class doesn't start until January. If I pass those 2 tests I get moved to an oral interview in October which consists of 5 patients that I have to assess, properly treat, and correctly diagnose in 15 minutes.

Haha, ours isn't that bad. We only have an oral board if we average less than a 90% through block 1. Or if you get less than a 85 on the final.
I think it consists of 3 random skills, which are basic. Like the psychomotor at the end of Basic.
It is pretty fast paced, though. We have had a normal, college credit Bio 160 class shortened down to 12 class days for us to start out with. Tests have been a lot harder than what I'm used to and I was an all AP student until I graduated this year. Wasn't as prepared as I should have been, though.
Bio hasn't been all that exciting, but I think I'm even less excited for cardiology and the pharmacology course to start next month.
I am getting pretty stoked for the internship in Nov, though (I have to do twelve shifts as a basic to go into block 2, since I've never worked in the field).

Anjel

Forum Angel
Ours was... Here is my 4000 dollars.

Accepted! Lol

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ours was... Here is my 4000 dollars.

Accepted! Lol

That's how most of them are here... Only they are up into the $10,000 range. The ones who have entrance requirements (A&P, EMT Experience, entrance tests) are a lot cheaper.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Sounds like you're going to Crafton Hills.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Good guess haha

One of my partners was going to go there. He did all his assessments perfect but did them in 16 minutes. No go for him.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
One of my partners was going to go there. He did all his assessments perfect but did them in 16 minutes. No go for him.

Yep. They are very strict about the time frame.

I didn't realize calculating drip rates was going to be on the EMT test. Glad I still remember how to do it.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Yep. They are very strict about the time frame.

I didn't realize calculating drip rates was going to be on the EMT test. Glad I still remember how to do it.

Just use the 10meq/ml dripset and it's super easy... Hide the 60 though.
(I think) We didn't learn drips in EMT school.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

The semester I went thru EMT class is the last semester it was taught here. 500cc with a macro drip set to be infused in 1 hour, how many drops per second do you need? It wasn't hard at all. Just had to really think back.

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
gtt/ml. I bet if you told them you would use a 10 millequivelent per milliliter dripset you'd get a couple of strange looks...

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
The semester I went thru EMT class is the last semester it was taught here. 500cc with a macro drip set to be infused in 1 hour, how many drops per second do you need? It wasn't hard at all. Just had to really think back.

Answer: Screw drips just grab a pump :ph34r:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Answer: Screw drips just grab a pump :ph34r:

Welcome to my area where paramedics don't carry pumps. You want a pump you just upgraded that transport from ALS to CCT :glare: