the 100% directionless thread

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
You've used that one before ^ :p When Anjel passed her NR (I have no clue how I remember when you said it haha)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
As much as I like trauma ending your shift with a 30ish year old auto v ped with a GCS of 5 is never fun.

I, a paramedic, used an OPA and a BVM all the way to the hospital. Who'd have think one of us could do that!?

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I did. Yesterday at 4:26 in the morning, Katie came out to meet us. My wife is awesome. Like a true crossfit junkie she said, "I bet next time I can do it quicker." Like a WOD. Katie: birth for time.
Congrats! After the first few months, you'll look back (forever) wistfully upon the time when you could just put her down on a blanket and she'll stay there...

surfinluke

Forum Crew Member
Just got hired for my first medic position. Can't wait to start growing as a provider and being more involved in the EMTLife community.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
As much as I like trauma ending your shift with a 30ish year old auto v ped with a GCS of 5 is never fun.

I, a paramedic, used an OPA and a BVM all the way to the hospital. Who'd have think one of us could do that!?

Wait! Was that "BLS before ALS"? Oh my god!

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
I did. Yesterday at 4:26 in the morning, Katie came out to meet us. My wife is awesome. Like a true crossfit junkie she said, "I bet next time I can do it quicker." Like a WOD. Katie: birth for time.

Congrats! My little girl certainly has got my number.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
She really has won us both over. :) I'm pretty smitten. I know things are going to be different when she's 15 and rolling her eyes at me, but now she's a little angel.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Not the one that's on fire?

Yep. It looks amazing going code 3 as we leave a trail of smoke behind us haha.

It's a rig we have that the paint job is sponsoring the burn institute.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Yep. It looks amazing going code 3 as we leave a trail of smoke behind us haha.

It's a rig we have that the paint job is sponsoring the burn institute.

Our rig yesterday actually dumps black smoke when we take off...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

That's a normal thing that diesels do.

In New York for Sandy we had a ton of rigs that would blow out white smoke. They would have to take the ambulances and do laps every couple of hours to clean it out.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Accidentally smoked out some poor guys car yesterday when we took off from a red light. Needless to say he didn't look to happy after that and we got the hell out of there.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Accidentally smoked out some poor guys car yesterday when we took off from a red light. Needless to say he didn't look to happy after that and we got the hell out of there.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9vLNbFMPr4[/YOUTUBE]

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
That's a normal thing that diesels do.

In New York for Sandy we had a ton of rigs that would blow out white smoke. They would have to take the ambulances and do laps every couple of hours to clean it out.

Also, its super sluggish when it happens as well.

IslandTime

Forum Crew Member
Just ran my first CPR.

Guy was a year older than me. I feel like :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

My first CPR was a solo arrival with 2or 3 minutes before the next person arrived and a total of probably 5 minutes before the cavalry arrived. Not a good outcome, was probably deceased before I even arrived on scene. But you still have to keep pumping. Yeah it sucks. Took me a few days to start feeling better and over a week before the guy wasn't regularly invading my dreams.

Sympathy to you. At least in my case the guy was a couple decades older then me.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?