the 100% directionless thread

So if the public access AED I installed is used for a save, do I get to say that I finally have a save?
Philosoraptor.gif

Meh. Here we get volunteer firefighters who rode on the engine to the cardiac arrest asking if they get credit for a CPR save. Seriously? Did you touch the patient? I don't think so… Go roll some hose.

Meh. Here we get volunteer firefighters who rode on the engine to the cardiac arrest asking if they get credit for a CPR save. Seriously? Did you touch the patient? I don't think so… Go roll some hose.

I'm not too serious about it, but my old boss sent me an email stating something to the effect of "because of you someone is alive today." Don't know what to think of that.

I'm not too serious about it, but my old boss sent me an email stating something to the effect of "because of you someone is alive today." Don't know what to think of that.

Use that as leverage to get a raise at your current job haha.

My company has impeccable timing. Called me up asking if I could come in right this second....while I happened to have the tail light bucket on my truck removed for some maintenance, I think I kinda need that to drive in lol

I can't necessarily claim saves... But if one came along 4th party, I'd claim it, and from a technical standpoint their my patient first.

Any time you influence the outcome, whether there or not, you played a role in the event.

Light duty until further notice at work starting Thursday... Meh.

Picked up an overnight shift, but have no partner so I'm on reserve. In other words I'm playing errand boy for the supe lol. They got me sorting the run paperwork from yesterday, and I come across the packet from my shift, and I discover that my partner didn't sort any of his paperwork at all, just shoved the whole mess in the envelope. So now I get to do his job and sort it all for him. Awesome.

Day 3 of orientation. Bring it on!

Tomorrow, I and the other medics, (and one RN) get to play ALS 12-lead, capno, etc., while the EMT's get to do day long mapping drills. At least we're getting a boat load of CE's. :lol:

Tomorrow, I and the other medics, (and one RN) get to play ALS 12-lead, capno, etc., while the EMT's get to do day long mapping drills. At least we're getting a boat load of CE's. :lol:

Thats changed from when I went thru orientation. Only the San Bernardino county guys had to go over mapping and were quizzed on it.

I think at the end of orientation you will have at least 16 CE's.

Recently I was doing an assignment for an online college course. Part of the assignment included posting a discussion and commenting on at least on other student's thread.

Perhaps people should proof read their threads before they submit them. This is college after all, not middle school.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

I was at the Riverside main yesterday, the rig I'm on during internship needed an oil change. I saw all the white shirts on break :)

130 stories, full gear with SCBA. Pretty sure I just lost at least 10 pounds of water weight...

Edited: wrong number of floors initially; I'm still out of it apparently

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish people wouldn't ride scooters on highways.. :sad:

*no explanation necessary, grabs mop*

Well... This week sucks. Woke up with my wisdom tooth bleeding profusely. Somehow an abscess developed underneath it and on the top part where its erupting got infected... Have to get them all removed now. :sad:

Well... This week sucks. Woke up with my wisdom tooth bleeding profusely. Somehow an abscess developed underneath it and on the top part where its erupting got infected... Have to get them all removed now. :sad:

Sounds like fun!

You guys/gals have any ideas for some interesting CE topics? My employer is asking us all if we have any topics we are interested in. Thanks!

A mop won't work on the road, you need a spatula.
I thought that said map for a while. I was thinking "why the hell wouldn't a map work on the road?" haha. I'm leaving the rest of my thoughts on why a spatula would be better than a map blank for now :rolleyes:

Back